Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I must be seeing things...

Options
  • 08-06-2005 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭

I'm not going to mention the website, but i've been having a weird experience on one popular poker site. It's in the multi-table tournaments with re-buys. The chips for a rebuy are 2,000. Yet a few times i've seen people get 4,000 chips. I know this couldn't possibly happen, but i'm fairly certain i've seen it. Am i crazy? Does anyone else think they've seen this aswell?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

You can buy in and add on at the same time on the tribeca network.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

this was before the add-on stage. let me give one example. I won this guys chips going all-in first hand with AA. Then the player who i knocked out rebuys and has 4,000 chips.

p.s. i'm more than willing to accept that i'm seeing things. just thought i'd post it, in case anyone else thinks the same thing happened at a table they were on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭PPP-Pit Boss

Hmm not with us (PPP). Apart from add on the other thing you can do is rebuy when you are below 2,000. So if you have 1,940 and rebuy you will have 3,940 after the hand...
    But by the sounds of things you are saying he was down to "0" and then rebought receiving 4,000 chips. Certainly never have seen it happen on PPP. And the starting stack you are quoting is 2k on Tribeca (unsure if its limited to it though).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Can't comment on the tribeca sites but I know during the rebuy tournaments on Stars you can rebuy as long as your chip count is not above the initial starting stack. For example on Stars you start most tournaments with 1500 chips and before the game even starts alot of players rebuy for the extra 1500 chips and therefore start the tournament with 3000 chips. In the case you mention where the player busts out on the first hand he can rebuy twice for a total of 3000 chips and double the rebuy. I presume it's the same on the site you are referring to.
    A case in point, I was playing the 10+1 rebuy 15k guarantee on PokerStars a good while back and one guy on the table kept going all-in every hand and double rebuying. In total he rebought 52 times for a nice outlay of $521.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

It's called a double buy in. You can do it on the VC for sure and on Pokerstars. The rule being you can rebuy as long as you have starting chips or less so you can rebuy straight away and start with 3000 on PS or 4000 on VC.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I've misclicked in rebuy tournaments, or clicked to rebuy and then forgotten and done it again, as soon as the particular hand ends you get your 4000 chips delivered.
    Not something you want to do in a $99 rebuy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭CoD

whats happened is, they have clicked the button to rebuy on the starting 2000 which ou can do, but it doenst give you them to the start of hand 2

and when u've took all his chips its asked him for a rebuy then, and hes clicked yes and got that one and the previous request at same time.

thanks for the information! it really had me puzzled!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

Hmm not with us (PPP). Apart from add on the other thing you can do is rebuy when you are below 2,000. So if you have 1,940 and rebuy you will have 3,940 after the hand...
    But by the sounds of things you are saying he was down to "0" and then rebought receiving 4,000 chips. Certainly never have seen it happen on PPP. And the starting stack you are quoting is 2k on Tribeca (unsure if its limited to it though).

You can rebuy if your are on 2000 on PPP

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

heh, I could have sworn i answered this for you on ping :)

I could be mistaken

Advertisement