Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reptile lover's

Options
  • 08-06-2005 11:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭

Leopard Geckos

Got one in January, just wondering if any one else keep's any reptile's?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Djddd1

No, Sorry my mate has a water lizard, I love wathin it eating crickets!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Yeah Dude I kept them a number of years back and bred them, great starter gecko. I have kept many species of reptile in the past but got out of it 6 years back when I had an accident and found it hard to look after them while recuperating.
    I'm back on track now, tho the only reptiles I keep these days are a pair of Hermanns tortoises, they are adorable little creatures, but need plenty of tlc. I also bred linneated day geckos (phelsuma linneata chloroscellus) beauitful creatures, bred another gecko, not sure of the common name (ptyodactylus hasseliquisti) spelling ? they came from Israel. I kept Tokay geckos, firebelly toads, whites tree frogs, sand geckos, anoles, standings day geckos, tarantulas(have 2 of those now) green tree snake, and finally ribbon snakes. :P
    How many do you have? you can house a male with many females, as they live in Hareems in the wild in Packistan. I'd recommend using newspaper as a substrate, the gecko will do well on it and it's easy to change and cheap as hell. if you cool them down around november for about three months (momory is a bit shady on the amount of time,but there are many good web links to get the requisite info) it will be ppssible to breathe them. All you need is a tub of damp vermiculite, with easy access for the geckos, once they lay the eggs you can transfer them to an incubator or somewhere with a stable temperature. They are temperature dependant sex determined, meaning you can incubate the eggs at a high temp say (26-32C) for males and (23-26C) for females. ... thus endeth the rant ! I'd be glad to help out if you have any questions.
    T

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I also keep reptiles, Have no geckos at the moment but I do plan to get a trio of leopards, fat tails & texas banded gecks soon.

I have 2 iguanas
    3 Beardies
    1 Water Dragon
    1 Berbera Skink
    1 Russian Horsefield tortoise
    1 Royal Python
    4 Corn snakes.
    1 Bosc Monitor

Also plan to get more water dragons, royal pythons, rosie boas, californian king snakes, brazilian rainbow boas, more skinks & possibly some milk snakes.

I just put my hermanns tortoises outside for a bit of sun

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

So far.

1 Bearded Dragon
    1 Sudanese Plated Lizard
    1 Corn snake

Really want a water Dragon or Horned Mountain Dragon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

I keep two Leopard Geckos...great little creatures and very easy to look after

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭boroughmal

Its nice to see that some people take interest in the little creatures that live under the rocks.
    Keep up the good work, its a great hobby.
    Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Djddd1

boroughmal wrote:
    Its nice to see that some people take interest in the little creatures that live under the rocks.
    Keep up the good work, its a great hobby.
    Regards
    Is that meant to be funny?

Think he just wanted to get an advertisement in for that fishkeepingsupplies place , but maybe I'm being vindictive here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

well you're OT.

i've a terrapin...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭kazper

i've got a leucistic gecko and a leopard gecko, also have loads of fish and one of my guppy's gave birth to the 4 tiniest babies i've seen

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭kazper

make that 6 babies, she just had 2 more in the last hour or so

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

(Where) can you buy reptiles + reptile supplies in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

NotMe wrote:
    Here is a list of pet stores in Dublin.
    http://www.worldofpetsni.com/southshop01.htm

Someone may be able to advise you on which is best to purchase reptiles from

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

NotMe wrote:

Reptile Haven in Fishamble street are the best in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I agree Ben at Reptile Haven is the BEST! He is a top guy with top class very healthy reptiles.

Hellrazer wrote:
    Reptile Haven in Fishamble street are the best in Dublin.
    I agree, been dealing with ben for at least 10-12 years he's top notch.
    Also try McEleron reptiles on the quays in Dublin, Thomas is also extremly knowledgable, as far as I know his shop is listed in that link too.

Advertisement