Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

webby test, opinions ?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

well, I like it! smile.gif

seems there's a trend twoard this style of website now. all curves and stark contrasts, and, compared to a while ago, fairly minimalist. Suits me fine, I'm a lazy git smile.gif

ricky.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Them graphics is very nice indeed smile.gif

bard2.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

Nice! Have you tried putting one other colour in it? I thing it would really bring out certin features.
    Also an idea: you might try splitting up the top graphic to allow resizing at all resolutions and it would have better impact filling the screen i think.
    Lookin good though. smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

yer i tryed a few colours for the main colage, the purpley blue seemed to werk the best with it.
    As far as screen size is conserned, target audience for quakers, which 99% of which run in 1024*768 or higher.
    Is there a way i can cut up the colage so it looks like that in 1024*768 and up, but fits on screen in 800*600 ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Clamor

Very nice. I'd like to see how it works when finished. i.e. DHTML, Flash interface and all that but it's clean crisp and you can see where everything is and how to get there.
    D.

• Advertisement

The interface is just going to be flat images, for faster loading.
    I was thinking of making the logo on the right animated in flash, but i figured it would prolly just get annoying after the first page smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Pages like that with the layout made up of jpegs annoy the vrap outta me tbh (I am a modemer). That said, the graphics are fantastic and id almost say its worth the wait to dl a slick looking page like that smile.gif I assume that it will be much faster once its not one whole big jpeg tho smile.gif

Nice one. You do this professionally? Graphics I mean? Or have you sold many or anything?

Yer, i werk as a full time web designer now'n days.
    do some freelance graphic design /3d / animation if i can find a job biggrin.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

very nicely done Hav - looks l33t smile.gif
    but the most important thing is UPDATE IT REGULARLY and UPDATE YOUR COLUMNS!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Two words... om and nyom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Nice smile.gif

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭[IAR]Nevermind

aiiii! smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Raife

Its really cool!!!
    Do you use Adobe Photoshop?

ltr!!
    Raife!! smile.gif

Yea,
    All of that was done in photoshop and illustrater.
    Still working on getting it up online, did'nd do a tap on it over chrismas smile.gif
    i'll post a link to the finished site when its done.
    Thx for all the support lads.

Clan Acid
    Clan Bio
    HavokLogo2.jpg

Advertisement