Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Bus Tickets

Options
  • 08-06-2005 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭

want to buy a monthly one... where do i get them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Zyox

Most Spars/Centras whatever in town. Lots of other newsagents too. If you wanna buy it in DCU either the USIT office or the SU reception sells them.

You need a Dublin Bus Student Card thing though to get the monthly student bus and rail.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

Zyox wrote:
    You need a Dublin Bus Student Card thing though to get the monthly student bus and rail.

Not necessarily. Some newsagents are more lax about this than others.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Not necessarily. Some newsagents are more lax about this than others.
    However on the rare occasion [and I have seen it happen] that there is a ticket inspector they do check for your ID. For some reason they like to nap students for not having their stupuid Dublin Bus ID card thingy insted of those scumbags that never pay.

Ahh Dublin Bus .... bless.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Akula

i thought there was a bus only card for about 48 euros... is this gone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Zyox

I think the only way you can do that is get 4 x 7 day Student tickets

Got a 7 day for 15.50. Wanted to get a monthly but apparantly it has to run for a calendar month, 1st to 31st and you cant do it from eg. 8th June to 8th July. Will just get weekly ones till then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Lantis

I always get the Handypacks, 5 day ramblers for 17 euro. You can use ramblers any time you want, and carry them over or whichever. Plus, better to lose a rambler than a weekly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Just keep a note of the id number of your 7 day ticket or monthly ticket in case it gets lost.

but its 5 days for 17 versus 7 days for 15.50??

• Advertisement
Advertisement