Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo: The Movie

Options
  • 08-06-2005 2:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

It has just been confirmed Alex Garland, author of the beach and 28 days later has finished the script for the proposed Halo movie.

Garland is an avowed games fan, although it's not clear how closely he's followed the plot of the game.

Competing film production companies are now being asked to bid for the rights to make the movie. I just hope it's got a better ending than Halo2.

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1503673/06072005/story.jhtml

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Ill definatley go see it when it comes out, but im not sure if a movie is the right way for the halo series to go. Hopefully it won't mess up like some copycat movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

if masterchief says more then a handful of sentences im walking out. Halo1 was classic, if MC has loadsa lines it just wont make sence. I love the idea of the movie, hopefully it will have a scare factor, with the elites and junk, no like mars attacks ;) ridley's been working on it for ages, i heard bout it over on xbox-scene and bungie.net forums a while ago, lots of people say yes but alot of people say no, it will ruin the halo francise, but didnt halo2 already do that? :o

Wtf are you on about how did halo 2 ruin the halo franchise?! :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,899 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

R0ot wrote:

Well the story didn't make much sense as soon as the plant from little shop of horrors arrived.

Mystic Meg prediction: 'This film will be crap'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Well the story didn't make much sense as soon as the plant from little shop of horrors arrived.

Mystic Meg prediction: 'This film will be crap'.

We all know it will be bad, all we can do every night is pray please please don't let uwe boll direct it :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭GaMMoN

The Splinter Cell movie will be class

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

GaMMoN wrote:
    The Splinter Cell movie will be class
    The Silent Hill movie will beat all, hands down

R0ot wrote:

halo2 licks my balls in comparison to halo1, story mode, AND most importantly multiplayer, but i still play on live cause its a good game, but in my opinion it is horrible n0obtastic, unlike the PERFECT original.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

Sorry but halo 2 did not ruin the franchise. H2 was a class game, it just had the burdon of being a sequel to the greates fps in console history. If halo was never made and halo2 was a standalone it would have been a classic in its own right.

Anyhow back on topic, the flim. Last time I heard from a mate who subscribes to Empire magazine, this is a year ago roughly, was that bungie for fear of destroying the image of halo and churning out a tomb raider type tripe fest of a film would only release rights if certain criteria were met. Their rules were that either Cameron or Scott direct and that it gets done in proper sci fi mode ala Aliens. Now coupled with this piece in the mag Ridley Scott was more than keen but only if Russel Crowe would play master chief.

My personal opinion, I'm a huge Halo/Halo2 fan. It has I think they best story line ever created for a video game so if they get this right with say someone like Scott and put the money into it we could have an awesome sci fi movie on our hands.

still have to admit though, for hardcore halo1 players, all they wanted was the continuation of story mode, live, and a few new maps, we got evrything we didnt want, compelety differnet game, new engine, duel wielding, the sword (most ridiculous weapon in fps history) dont forget auto-aim, forgive me if im wrong, 2 weapons, with massive crosshair, and auto-aim, on small levels isnt skill, halo1 is. h2 is just running around spamming each other, u dont even need to aim. :o

• Advertisement

Alrite ill agree with you, i still love to play halo 1 LAN's with my mates and when i get broadband (hopefully in 7 days time :D ) ill be playing it over live, is there still alot of people playing halo 1?, But halo2 is an amazing game so don't bitch about it until you make one yourself thats better. That said now back to the halo movie, oh please god don't let them ruin halo with this please be a good movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

you cant play Halo 1 on Xbox Live, you can play it on the Xbox Connect thing, the PC yolk, but I reckon thats probably worse than Live for cheating. Bloody Americans.

Great game though. Shame it only gets hard to aim when you have a sniper rifle. And even then its easy enough. Still great fun though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I bet Master Chief will have his helmet off within five minutes of the film starting and end up kissing some girl before the film is over.

lol, cortana, (halo1 rules)

Draupnir wrote:
    you cant play Halo 1 on Xbox Live, you can play it on the Xbox Connect thing, the PC yolk, but I reckon thats probably worse than Live for cheating. Bloody Americans.

Great game though. Shame it only gets hard to aim when you have a sniper rifle. And even then its easy enough. Still great fun though.

halo1 or h2 for easy aiming? h2 is massive hitboxes, massive reticles, and massive auto-aim, halo1 was skill.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

i cant believe someone said halo 1 was the greatest fps in history. ha. theres nothin amazing about halo 1. it is very good but no need to over exagerate.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

evad_lhorg wrote:
    i cant believe someone said halo 1 was the greatest fps in history. ha. theres nothin amazing about halo 1. it is very good but no need to over exagerate.
    In fairness I think they said best console FPS game.

I've never played it on the Xbox, only on a Mac. But I wasn't a big fan of Halo at all... I found it horribly repetitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

iregk wrote:
    H2 was a class game, it just had the burdon of being a sequel to the greates fps in console history.

It was a sequel to Metroid Prime? That's weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

The Halo games are completely overrated in my opinion. Never considered the first one best console FPS ever, and the second one... well.... I won't say anymore, I know there are some Halo2 fans around that'll just lynch me.

Will probably go see the film if it's ever made and released, but will have low expectations. Might be a decent action flick.

halo1 was an excellent game, gameplay was perfect. h2 is messed up.

• Advertisement

Goodshape wrote:
    It was a sequel to Metroid Prime? That's weird.

As someone pointed out I never said best fps in history, just console history. As for metroid prime well if thats your bag thats your bag but for me i never got into the whole nintendo world. Metroid Prime was crap as was Zelda and every mario game ever. Sorry to dissappoint but thats just me as I said never really got into Nintendo and any of their games.

In either case this thread is about halo the movie so lets keep it there and not get into a whole this game is better than that game debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

iregk wrote:
    Metroid Prime was crap as was Zelda and every mario game ever.

ROFL very much. 'Nintendo world' indeed :rolleyes:

Games based on movies, movies based on games. My moneys firmly on the "it'll be ****" square.

Goodshape wrote:
    My moneys firmly on the "it'll be ****" square.

Yeah and your probably 90% right. Movies that have been spawned by video games have all turned out to be utter tripe. Hence why I'm not expecting too much from the halo movie if it ever gets made. Story line wise there is enough there to make a great film and with the right director and cast it could be a classic but for some reason I dont think thats going to happen. Most likely they will get someone like Paul Anderson (resident evil) to direct and make a pigs ear of it.
    Goodshape wrote:
    ROFL very much
    Again as I said, if Metroid is your thing then fair play. If you think its the greatest game ever then more power to you I'm not going to argue with you just because you have a different taste to mine. Just me personally I didn't get much out of it, didn't like it, didn't get into it. Just wasn't my bag I guess.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,899 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I had fun with the halo games but they definitely aren't classics. They both get bogged down in the middle by repetitive levels and the flood who were a terrible enemy to fight and whoever brought them back for Halo 2 should be shot. As for whoever hates metroid, zelda and mario games they should try playing them. I can't see how anyone can dislike them.

yes, h2 was a mistake, they should have had the old game, with newer graphics, xbox live, no flood, and a few new maps, no a big n0obified spam feast of 2 guns, and 10foot lunge swords. as for nintendo games, your right zelda, metroid are great.

i meant h2 is crap for easy aiming, not a lot of skill involved.

lots of skill involved in sniper games on live though, its about the only mode that cant be cheated, except for shooting through geometry, which is tough to do anyway.

still, its a great live game if people dont cheat, even if it is a bit easy. its good fun on live, and thats what games should be.

the single player was a bit repetitive alright, but all FPS' are, its just shooting. some have a few puzzles thrown in, but that alienates the dumb fat 15 year old americans who like Halo 2.

well said, halo1 is better, h2 is n0ob, but still good fun on live, and americans are idiots? thats what i got from it :cool:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

halo1 or h2 for easy aiming? h2 is massive hitboxes, massive reticles, and massive auto-aim, halo1 was skill.
    Blah blah old was better, it was MY game and now new people are playing...

Are you saying on LIVE you are better than everyone you are matched against?
    Don't be such a cliché.

And back to thread - how can a MOVIE ruin a VIDEO GAME? Does a crap movie adaptation ruin a book? Or does it make you appreciate how good the book was to begin??

:rolleyes:

wtf?
    all im saying is, the first game was skill, online h2, is luck, i am LUCKY to spawn beside a ROCKET LAUNCHER on a small level, with AUTOAIM, and MASSIVE hitboxes,

• Advertisement

sure 6/10 americans on Halo 2 Live have either Action Replay or a trainer loaded on their xbox anyway. 3 of the other 4 have standby'd there way to their level.

Its still great craic though.

Advertisement