Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the Biggest Pot you've ...

Options
  • 08-06-2005 12:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭

Just out of curiousity, what's the biggest pot any of you have won relative to the blinds ?

I just won a $110 pot playing 0.15/0.25 PLO ... 440xBB ... seems a bit crazy or maybe I just haven't been playing enough Omaha ?

Best bit is I don't even have to concentrate hard at those stakes as nobody notices that you've been folded for 30mins while surfing :)

I won't bother posting the actual hand as Top Set on the flop and quads on the turn isn't very hard to play :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Have taken down pots of 600+ in the fitz omaha cash game a number of times, blinds 1/1, biggest for myself around €850 as far as i recall. But thats chicken feed to some of the pots in there. (I was rivered out of a €1400 pot in the same game, but we wont go there!) Saw a €19,000 pot in the big game at 8pm before the omaha tourney during the festival a couple of months ago, thats 3800xBB :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

I won a pot of around 300$ on a .5/1 NL Hold'em game once. I regularly see and have won/lost 200$ pots in that game.

Won a pot of around 120$ last night too, playing at .25/.5 when an idiot thought my raises meant nothing and he went all-in with 66 on a 5, 8, T board.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Ive won a1000plus pot in the Fitz so 1000x BB and to keep Des happy Ive lost a 2400sterling pot but was only 110x BB

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I've had some varying pots - online most was about $1300 (3/6), have had a few over $1000. In the fitz I had one pot of €1100 - i had the nuts and this guy went all-in before me - happy days

Hyzepher

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭kpnuts

bohsman wrote:
    Ive won a1000plus pot in the Fitz so 1000x BB and to keep Des happy Ive lost a 2400sterling pot but was only 110x BB

"to keep Des happy" ... lol :D that's the funniest comment i've seen on this forum in a good while.

wp Oscar! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

The biggest I've won in relation to the blinds was on the .10/.20 NL Holdem on VC when I won a pot of over $180 (over 900BBs) think I posted it on here at some point

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Hyzepher wrote:
    In the fitz I had one pot of €1100 - i had the nuts and this guy went all-in before me - happy days

Hyzepher
    Those ones always make me pause and check that I actually do have the nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

won about 1,600 in one hand in the fitz cash game a good while back. it was about six in the morning, us remaining players had about 200-300 each and we all just kinda decided that we'd all go all in pre-flop on the last hand. won the lot with a pair of kings in a seven-way omaha showdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

won about 1,600 in one hand in the fitz cash game a good while back. it was about six in the morning, us remaining players had about 200-300 each and we all just kinda decided that we'd all go all in pre-flop on the last hand. won the lot with a pair of kings in a seven-way omaha showdown.

:eek:

wtf ... we move in different circles ....I'd say the Fitz was happy though

lol - i just took it for the gift it was

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

I heard about that hand... thought it was just an urban legend! What are the odds on a pair of kings winning a seven-player all-in omaha hand?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Did you all hate money or something? :) 'Get thee hence, foul root of evil!'

i may have had a few drinks on me - had just won (split three-way) the omaha-holdem tournament that night then went out for a major celebration then came back in. not the most advisable of poker-playing strategies!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

i may have had a few drinks on me - had just won (split three-way) the omaha-holdem tournament that night then went out for a major celebration then came back in. not the most advisable of poker-playing strategies!

Do you have Curly hair and a nice 'Jumper' ?

no - but that person should be made a legend. wonder if he knows he is being discussed so much on here?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

I heard about that hand... thought it was just an urban legend! What are the odds on a pair of kings winning a seven-player all-in omaha hand?

About 7.5% based on a random sample of hands I have picked, not like many in there actually have any regard for their holding preflop. Mick Hoey would be holding the last hand.
    Omaha Hi: 42504 enumerated boards

___ cards_____ win %win lose %lose tie %tie EV
    7s 6c Kd Kh 3221 7.58 38031 89.48 1252 2.95 0.090
    8s 6s Ah 3h 6381 15.01 34845 81.98 1278 3.01 0.165
    Ks Qs Jc Jd 6605 15.54 35707 84.01 192 0.45 0.158
    Qc Tc 2c Th 5574 13.11 36670 86.27 260 0.61 0.134
    8c 7c 6d 5d 3534 8.31 36520 85.92 2450 5.76 0.112
    Td 8d Jh 9h 7877 18.53 34265 80.62 362 0.85 0.190
    3s 2s 4d 5h 6459 15.20 36045 84.80 0 0.00 0.152

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

Juan Pablo wrote:
    About 7.5% based on a random sample of hands I have picked, not like many in there actually have any regard for their holding preflop. Mick Hoey would be holding the last hand.

Yeah, but what surprised me about the hand was that there was no flush, no straight, no set, not even 2-pair.... a pair of kings was the best hand! Thats the story I heard anyway; is this true?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

kpnuts wrote:
    "to keep Des happy" ... lol :D that's the funniest comment i've seen on this forum in a good while.

wp Oscar! :cool:

I should start ranting but I am in a zen place preparing for my tournie tomorrow, where I shall win one of two tickets for the WSOP.

The most I've ever lost was last Friday. Half my poker stack for the month. The most I've ever won was an ipod from O'Briens sandwich shop two months ago. And a charity ticket from the freeroll for dealing the final table.

That and a WSOP ticket, Thurs 9th June.

Ken, u ever win or lose, or are you too bashful...? ;)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I won 780xbb once in a huge Omaha hand.
    I dont lose much in one go as I rarely reenter a table once I've lost 150 at it.

DeV.

Advertisement