Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portfolio sites

Options
  • 15-12-2000 12:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

heyas

This year is my final year at college, I have decided not to take an option to go to university. I'm looking for jobs within the web development. Preferably the games industry.

To do that, I need to make a portfolio site. I have some ideas for layouts but not what I should put on my site. I am pretty stumped at this.

It would be nice if you all could suggest something and is there any portfolio sites that some people have made in the past?

It would be greatly appreciated.

cannibal

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

canny,
    main thing about layout for a portfolio site is style.
    its gotta stand out amoungst a crowd.
    as far as content only put ur best work in there.
    anything ur not sure of leave it out.
    hav'nd done portfolio site myself yet, but i did do a interactive CD-ROM portfolio a while back.

Clan Acid
    Clan Bio
    havok.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 cannibal

thanks for the advice! I'm currently messing around with a site. Havok's seen a JPEG of it. I'll upload the JPEG later tonight for you all to see and offer criticisms and tips!

cannibal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

Id say keep the style simple so that your portfolio work is the most prominent thing to be seen. Also if you keep it simple there is less chance of it clashing with the individual style of each piece.
    But definatly go with what Havok said. ONLY your BEST work. Dont worry about how many you have just make sure it stands out and shows potential. If you are targeting different industries maybe you should have sections, so that the games people can go straight to whats relevent to them etc.

If you get a sample site up let us know. Im sure we can be ruthless and offer advice before you start showing it around. smile.gif

Advertisement