Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any advice?

Options
  • 07-06-2005 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I've won a ticket into a satellite into the Merrion WSOP ticket game on Thursday night. Any inside info, tourney advice would be most appreciated. You can PM me if you prefer to remain anonymous.
    thanks in advance,
    des

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Well done Des....I played in that and did not see any decent cards.I was double tabling at the start and should have paid more attention to this satellite.

GoodLuck on Thursday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

Just play your usual game Des, Build your stack and just try to keep average chips. Don't be afraid to put them all in when you think you are ahead. Don't start playing silly hands, patience is the key. Please try and avoid the bubble otherwise I will feel your pain. You are aming to be going into bubble territory as average chips or above and that should see you through. If you end up as the lowest stack then be patient but not so much that you have not got enough chips to put someone off a hand.

Best of luck, I hope to see you in vegas!

Whatever you do make sure you play this satellite - do not cash in the €300 by selling it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭pokertroll

Congratulations Des,

Could this be your destiny?

I was watching your table and you made a great comeback.

Its a toughie - you know its a rebuy tournament so you really do need the option of a rebuy/topup to have a fair chance.
    Consider playing a satellite beforehand - they are on from 4PM AFAIK.

On the other hand you could gamble early on in an all or nothing attempt to get chips. There will be some loose play with the rebuys and all - maybe you could be on the right end of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

tx guys, time to do my homework.
    gonna try to win enough for a rebuy, as per Marks advice. here we go....

Advertisement