Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

copyright

Options
  • 20-11-2000 2:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭

Ye, but even if i do a design for my company do i have the right to reproduce it. Like in a portfolio or whatever?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

Good question. I dont know. frown.gif

An interesting discussion on the new irish copyright bill. Its of major interest to all designers. http://www.creativeireland.com/forum/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

hmmmm, confusing.
    Does that mean anything u do Full Time is owned by the company and everything freelance is ur own?

Yep, usually in your work contract there is a clause that states 'anything developed for the company and on company time remains the property of said company' or something like that. So the company retains copyright of your work and have the option of selling that copyright.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

As far as I know:
    Work-for-hire (i.e. work you do for a company) legally belongs to the company, but you can reproduce copyrighted material so long as:
    a) You don't profit from it
    b) This doesn't prevent the owner from profiting from it
    c) It doesn't somehow damage the owner's reputation.

iMP

• Advertisement
Advertisement