Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New webby test - critique NEEDED SIR!

Options
  • 04-11-2000 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭

Lo laeds..
    just put a wee test page for me new webby, wanted a bit o feedback, i know its just one page, but i just want any opinions of it that are floating around in yer heads..
    cheers laeds..

Addy = http://www.cfxdesign.net/test1.htm

"LOSE me.. Hate me.. SMASH me..
    ERASE me.. KILL me.."

nine inch nails - eraser

|Chief|...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Chief

Cheers Bard man, thats EXACTLY what i needed, soon be time to go into HUGE overhaul methinks again.. cheerz..

ERASE me.. KILL me.."

nine inch nails - eraser

|Chief|...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

you're welcome... any time... etc. wink.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Much too dark. I was looking at it in a fairly bright room and I didn't notice the buttons on the left for a while. The rollovers take a moment or two to activate properly - preloading doesn't seem to be working. Apart from that, there isn't much there to actually critique. Personally I wouldn't use a menu system like that, - it's difficult to see and it takes up a lot of screen real estate. I'd also avoid using a black background and forcing people to use a particular resolution, as would most serious professional design companies.

My 2 cents.

bard2.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

Ye Chief, if ur going fo a simple interface design like the lines u had there it has to look "clean". use really bright vivid colours. Dark Can werk, but it takes alot of effort to do so. Tons of detail is needed. Not worth the hassle unless u sure ur onto something.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Your light sources are wrong too. One is bottom right, another is the top, another doesn't have any.

Also you should try and keep away from writing HTML pages to fixed resolutions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Chief

Plenty of help dere.. in other words Chiefy.. TRY A DIFFERENT APPROACH wink.gif ..
    Will do lads.. cheers for critique..

ERASE me.. KILL me.."

nine inch nails - eraser

|Chief|...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭Panda

In agreeance with the rest tis a bit dark , but i wouldnt go all the way as to fill it with "vivid colours", keep some of the darkness to reduce the eyestrain on visitors. Take a gander at another.com's colour scheme to see what im on about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

that another.com was'nd to great tbh.
    Vivid colours work well if ur going for a clean and simple design.
    But ur right as in not to "fill it" with them smile.gif
    check out http://www.designmuseum.org/ u'll c what i mean.
    Clean shapes, all photography colour has been edited to make it brighter and more colourful.

Advertisement