Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamesart.com - Help Needed.

Options
  • 28-10-2000 4:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭

Myself and Greenbean have had this project in the back burner for a month or so now. I haven't had the time really untill now to work on it. I finished updating my site and getting CV's away etc. so now I'm moving onto it. Anyone wanna help email me (freak@torcinteractive.com)or Geebag(john@playerofgames.com) sorry i mean Greenbean with dteails of how and why you wanna help.

We plan on doing interviews, tutorials, articles galleries etc....related to games.

3dsmax people wanna write some tutorials - give us a shout.

Photoshop people wanna write tutorials - give us a shout.

Mappers Modellers Skinners - Give us a shout.

Enthusiastic about games - give us a shout.

Wanna show off you game related artworks - give us a shout.

GIVE US A SHOUT.

(That project everyone was talking about doing with all the boards artists - this could indeed be it???)

[This message has been edited by FreaK_BrutheR (edited 28-10-2000).]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

"Jee Wiz, cool, I wanna get involved!"

Is what I'm sure everyone is saying - but just incase you have any doubts about getting involved in something that might demand too much then don't.

Its non-commerical, at least to start with.
    Its a great spot to highlight your skills - you choose what.
    Its uber cool, cause it should be pretty big.
    Megabytes of space not a question.
    Subdomains whatever you want for mini-projects, fine and good.
    You volunteer/start something, then the pressure is only that of you on yourself to finish it (and not look silly in front of everyone) smile.gif

3dmax tutorials are deffo gonna be there, loads of people want those. A gallery is planned - some guy from Electronic Arts working on lionhead is interested in running that. Articles are hopefull (interviews with games artists etc) and supporting of mini/big art projects are deffo offered.

Come one, come ye all, and say: "Jee Wiz, cool, I wanna get involved!", cause I want to as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Chief

JAysus aye!
    I'll give a hand like.. 3D Studio tuts etc sounds like a good one.. and art submits n stuff.. IM THERE dudes.. NOICE WAN

"LOSE me.. Hate me.. SMASH me..
    ERASE me.. KILL me.."

nine inch nails - eraser

|Chief|...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

Kewl,
    Ye i'll do stuff for it.
    I've currently got the Clan AciD webby to sort out first tho...
    Anyways I developed for Havok.com doing artwerk to show off there game engine for the san jose game Developers show.
    Waaaaaaaaaan gimme an interview there. smile.gif
    oh!!! i'm famous!!!! biggrin.gif

Narf!
    Clan Acid
    Clan Bio

"This will be the official Irish premier of Anarchy Online, brought to you by Funcom (who will also be using the festival as part of a recruiting drive)."

Got a feeling they'll be looking for Arty people, but I'll try whore myself for a programming job. Weeet W0000h!

Looking forward to it big time - btw the funcom offical site now says AO will be released in the first quarter of 2001.

erm.. anyone going to anilan then smile.gifhttp://www.ani-fest.com/gaming.html

(yes you guessed it I posted that in the wrong place) /me blushes..

Kharn, Havok, Chief MORE THAN WELCOME on board Gamesart! Bear hugs all around!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Chief

Bear Hugz right back at ya OLD G'bienmeister
    smile.gif

"LOSE me.. Hate me.. SMASH me..
    ERASE me.. KILL me.."

nine inch nails - eraser

|Chief|...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Can someone fire up a Flash tutorial please? smile.gif

I'm not an artist, but I can write pages and stuff if they're needed.

All the best,
    kharn_sig.gif

Witweo! (the whistle noise)

Good news - I found an asp/php3 guy - his name is Mr Zope and he can be found at www.zope.org.

Ok so he may not be a real person, but hes just as good. Its a webdevelopment tool which cuts out all the crap and takes control of user assignment/access (one person can only edit html of one page; another can edit everything), easy creation of subdirectories and for geeky types it uses an object orientated system (subdirectories inherit all the default features of parent directories - eg if one were to simply make a directory www.gamesart.com/movieproject - the subdir would imediately look like the www.gamesart.com site with all the features... all changeable of course).

The real best thing is you can develop the site via a web browser. Notice something you don't like while reading - change it there an then - that is if you were the owner of the site.

I reckon we could be up and running pretty soon.

Advertisement