Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The VCpoker.ie Pub poker challenge

Options
  • 07-06-2005 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭

Just a note to anyone who might be interested.
    I read about all the 'crapshoot' comments regarding the pub games from VCpoker.ie, and it was...well, the one I attended anyway.
    But despite that it was a great laugh , and add to that it was only a tenner, and that I was able to get rather drunk (and not care) while playing, and of course the bonus that I actually won it, I say three cheers for VCpoker for bringing poker to the ignorant pub masses!
    Add the letter I just got today to the mix, and it doesn't seem a bad deal at all....

To wit;

'Congratulations on qualifying for the inaugural VCpoker.ie Pub poker challenge Grand Final. This is a 26-runner event and takes place in the Submarine Bar , Crumlin on Sat 25th June 2005. The top three will qualify for the VCpoker Irish Poker Tour Grand Final. This is a 16-runner event that takes place on July 23rd in Crawdaddy, D2. The prize breakdown for this event is as follows:

1st :€30,000 9th: €3,000
    2nd :€16,000 10th: €2,500
    3rd :€10,000 11th: €2,400
    4th :€7,000 12th: €2,300
    5th :€6,000 13th: €2,200
    6th :€5,000 14th: €2,100
    7th :€4,000 15th: €2,000
    8th :€3,500 16th: €2,000

The winner also receives the VC Cup/Ticket package.'

So stuff the fact that I came nowhere out of 241 runners at the CityWest, I now have a 3-in-26 chance of qualifying anyway. Add to that the fact that (surely) most of the pub winners are going to be complete muppets, and I have to admit, I sound like a shoe-in for two grand minimum.

The poker gods will decide of course, and I know it's not the WSOP, but let's big it up for Victor Chandler !

Roll on Sat 25th!!

PS: Anyone know if any actual players won any of the other pub games?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

Would be nice if they didn't restrict all their tournaments to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

Does anyone know where the current lists of events are on for this or where I can get the list?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Benglian

I think as I got the letter that maybe they have all finished by now. Not 100% certain, but seems logical....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Did you not just prove the point?
    You were DRUNK and managed to win it...

CRAPSHOOT

CRAPSHOOT

oh and good luck in the big game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Fatboydim

NickyOD wrote:
    Would be nice if they didn't restrict all their tournaments to Dublin.
    Here here!

Anyone know when the final IPT seats are going to be up for grabs on VC? And what format the online qualifiers will take?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Pokerevents

Hey fatboy, on-line final that awards 4 tickets to grand final is a $250 buy-in on July 16th, this will have $6 daily feeders to it starting next Monday.
    Final is 100,000 guaranteed 16player only
    9 from pokerevents live super-satellites
    3 from pub poker challenge
    4 from vcpoker.ie

Pub challenge places are already filled so on-line is last chance for ticket to this event.
    Will I see u at Connacht cup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

Hey fatboy, on-line final that awards 4 tickets to grand final is a $250 buy-in on July 16th, this will have $6 daily feeders to it starting next Monday.
    Final is 100,000 guaranteed 16player only
    9 from pokerevents live super-satellites
    3 from pub poker challenge
    4 from vcpoker.ie

Pub challenge places are already filled so on-line is last chance for ticket to this event.
    Will I see u at Connacht cup

Fintan do you know if the blinds levels will be 15 minutes for the super sat on VC? They sometimes put 12 minute pblinds on high buy in tourneys which is a bit silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Pokerevents

I'll find out for u Nicky

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

Is the 23rd of july for the final definate.where is Crawdaddy, D2.
    i thought it was on in the Ipod night club.
    i really need some definate info on this as i am going to the states on the 24th of july and have a ticket for the final.

Thanks for that Fintan

You will indeed see me at the Connacht Cup - If not before - and congrats on winning that sat to wsop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

Fatboydim wrote:
    Thanks for that Fintan

You will indeed see me at the Connacht Cup - If not before - and congrats on winning that sat to wsop.

btw, welcome to the boards forum fatboydim. enjoyed your posts on the hendonmobsite during the Irish open.
    cheers, des

Thanks Doc - Don't know why it took me so long to find this forum... But I'm here now.

Advertisement