Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mononoke Hime

• 08-10-2000 11:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭

Anyone else seen this? Anyone else looking forward to the english dvd release? Anyone else think Disney are a bunch of idiots for buying the rights to this, hiring big names to dub it and then decide not to give it a cinema release because the contents are too violent or whatever for kids?

[This message has been edited by Chubby (edited 08-10-2000).]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

/me scratches head trying to pronounce Mononoke Hime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Mhmmmmm, Mononoke Hime. Out on DVD december 19th, in dual format jap subbed and english dubbed. Happy happy day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Chubby

Hey yeah, it's in 3 different languages according to the tech info of the dvd on amazon.com. I thought it's only going to be in English.

The tech info bit also has this...
    Theatrical Release Date: November 26, 1999
    DVD Release Date: December 19, 2000
    ...is it going to be released in the cinema now? Hope IFC picks this up as the other cinemas will prob not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

No. It got limited theatrical in the USA, France, Germany, Italy, Portugal, Spain and Denmark, but not in the UK or Ireland. Which really really sucks.

Oh well, with any luck we'll get to watch it on a cinema-size screen at Minamicon, which kinda makes up for that smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

Yeah it looks great. It got a cinema release in the states and i think it done well. Some good voices in it and it was rewritten by the great Neil Gaiman(he that wrote the sandman fame. http://www.holycow.com/dreaming/ ) Im looking forward to it.
    Speaking of dvd releases has anyone seen the special edition of Nightmare before christmas? Its got the short film of Vincent that was in the cinema here with it and another of Tim Burtons shorts Frankenweenie http://home.acadia.net/userpages/joel/timburton/
    Im waiting for it to arrive...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bugs

Only actually got to watch the VCD i had lying about of this at the weekend , it was pretty good. As a result i've done the usual and ordered the DVD from japan.
    Animation board , nice idea.

[This message has been edited by LittleFigment (edited 12-10-2000).]

Advertisement