Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nice wan ladz!!!!!

• 09-10-2000 11:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭

Waahay!!
    An Art board!
    Noting like a Nice gang a ppl for some good crit and advice.
    Noting to post meself yet tho biggrin.gif
    Wondering, i've have some 3d animations done, they've been rendered out as .avi files and there HUGE. the smallest is 15 megs like, does any 1 know of a good compression format that i can convert them to, to stick them up on da web?

Narf!
    Clan Acid
    Clan Bio

[This message has been edited by havok* (edited 09-10-2000).]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

l33t board-inspiring sk1llz...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

Hope this helps, it was taken from the computer arts forum:

the divx compressor is very good but its unofficial.

with divx you can get 3m 30 secs of video and sound in a 7 meg file. Good quality pitures and sound at 320 pxels wide (approx)

We only use the MPEG format (we only do web video not cd) but the new indeo codec you mention is on our systems and works very well

I think it really depends on the compressin needs you have. fi you are not woried about eating up space then the indeo or divx compressors are the best for the job. Quicktime is also excellent if space is not an issue (you can get that from premiere)
    Neil Nisbet
    Article19 www.article19.co.uk

Other than that id say get a short sequence and try different compressions. Premier is good for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

Yer, I've seen that formatt used b4 on a AMAZING short movie made by 2 of the best lads in the special effects (for film) industry. www.405themovie.com
    U can download the player, but i this format is brand new. I almost sure premire cant export DivX files.
    i Cant seem to find where u can download a DivX converter proggie. Any1 know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

It it means anything to anyone (sure does to me), I'm working on a distributed network service.. and I hope to test it on mp3's and then mpeg video (later, next year).. if you have a fast connection I could probably encode any videos you need done in alot less time than usual

• Advertisement
Advertisement