Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Kippure

Options
  • 06-06-2005 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of any problems with RTE2 from Kippure... its off air here... only RTE1.

But I am watching from Wales... so there might just be an issue with distance!

Comments

bear with me and I'll check this now for you
    Where in Wales are you by the way?

yup it's off alright

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭marclt

Earthman wrote:
    yup it's off alright
    Hi Earthman

Just on the Carmarthenshire/Pembrokeshire border, about 200m asl. I get UHF from Mt Leinster.

It must be on reduced power this morning - reception awful... did get this reply from RTE this morning:

** Yes, Mark, there was a fault on RTE 2 from Kippure. Service was restored at 0500 this morning. We will have to take the service off the air again this morning at approximately 1100 hours to work on it. **

Fantastic - so it was off for at least 10 hours and no mention of it on Aertel or the website!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Darby OGill

Yes, noticed this yesterday as I was tidying up some cables and couldn't figure out where RTE2 had gone when I switched on TV in the evening. Thought I'd broken something!
    Typical of RTE, there was no on-screen message, nothing on Aertel of course, and website never has any technical information.

Compare that to the BBC, which is a mine of technical information- it cares that its viewers get proper tv reception. It's not as if this stuff costs money- it only needs to be published once, with an occasional update.

Advertisement