Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl lappi-next Monday

Options
  • 06-06-2005 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,977 ✭✭✭

http://www.lidl.ie/ie/index.nsf/pages/c.o.oow.20050613.p.Notebook

It doesn't give the specs but if the HD is big enough and the processor is fast enough I might buy it.
    I'm thinking of using it for importing VHS tapes and converting them to DVD.
    Dunno if this machine would be suitable for it though.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭odie

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

wow that sounds like some power machine, I think the bank will be getting a call from me this week for that.

64 bit looks like, i wonder what thats like on battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,977 ✭✭✭lukin

odie wrote:

Thanks for that link odie, I can't afford it but I'll buy it anyway.
    It's perfect for what I want to use it for. Every one I know who has bought laptops from Lidl have got no trouble from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

bargain indeed. im paying about €1800 for my ferrari 4k which has basically the same specs only a 100gb HD and WSXGA+ plus a 2ghz turion rather than 1.8.

and of course the farrari logo's and sexy carbon fibre lid which sets off the black with red trim case. i'll happily pay €300 for all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,977 ✭✭✭lukin

I've only just noticed: the battery life is pretty crap:2 and a half hours.
    I seem to recall LIDL having laptops with far higher battery life than that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement