Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would this fit into a dell lappy.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

dell can tell you for definite.

id say not likely.
    laptop makers tend to use custom bezels and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

I checked on the dell support site and my drive is in a media bay which means i could have a floppy or hdd in it and that its IDE/ATAPI i think. but nothing about ide-33

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

i think its the shape of the drive more than the speed you should be worried about.
    the connection and height are gonna be fairly standard across laptops but the part where the edge of the drive sits with the laptop wont be flush and in a worest case scenario the drive wont actually fit all the way in

yea sure ill get some more info, but i dont mind if it stuck out a bit because id only need it for the dvd writing.

Just by comparing it with the shape of mine they look the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭astec123

Have you considered an external DVDrw in a caddy? It would be a faster drive and be guaranteed to work.

• Advertisement

right ive sused it the dell drive i have has an adaptor that cases around the drive so im pretty sure if i ordered that drive i can just fit the case over it.

Advertisement