Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

banned from america

Options
  • 06-06-2005 6:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

.Originally Posted by wonderwall_
    my boyfriend overstayd his visa in the states (where i currently am), by 9 months and is now banned for a..few.. years . was wondering if anyone has run into this probelm and if/&how they got back in.

let us kno
    thanks.

m.

*edit*
    now now, no need to go deleting the thread you started....
    *edit*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

He shouldn't have stayed. Keep him out.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

Lump wrote:
    He shouldn't have stayed. Keep him out.

John
    indeed. Also, Oasis suck.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

More fool him, he's banned for three years.

Maybe he should have listened to the nice immigration official when he got deported??

Google is a wonderful thing:

http://www.visapro.com/Immigration-Articles/?a=173&z=30

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭spudington16

my boyfriend overstayd his visa in the states (where i currently am), by 9 months and is now banned for a..few.. years :confused: . was wondering if anyone has run into this probelm and if/&how they got back in.

let us kno
    thanks.

m.

Fly to South America and attempt a perilous journey across the border. Or appeal his case to the Embassy - whatever floats your boat. :D

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Overstay by a few days, like a friend of mine did years ago, will get you a ban of anything up to 10 years (he appealed the severity of that and had a genuine reason for the overstay so they dropped it to five). Overstay by nine months and I doubt they'll ever let you back in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

yet they give an amnesty and work permits to people who have dodged immigration for 2 years.
    better off away from the big looney bin tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭OY

9 months. How do you overstay a visa or 9 months!? :confused:
    What did you think would happen?

And no, i do not know of any way to get back in.

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

if he enlists in the army the apparently will turn a blind eye to his documentation. If he serves in a warzone for three years he will be able to work in America after that.

Of course he probably would have to be in America to enlist, legal or not.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

I wish I could get banned from America tbh ...
    didnt know they would be that strict really,
    Couldnt he have just gone an extended his visa?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

regardless of how long he's banned for, 3 years...10 years...when his ban is lifted, his record will always be on the INS systems, so whenever his passport is scanned, they'll see his history and the details of his ban, then turn around and still not let him in.
    some people are so silly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Gegerty

.Originally Posted by wonderwall_
    my boyfriend overstayd his visa in the states (where i currently am), by 9 months and is now banned for a..few.. years

....so he says :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

you move to ireland for the 3yrs better here anyway :rolleyes:

Advertisement