Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Cup €400 Freezeout

Options
  • 05-06-2005 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

This €400plus40 event will be held in the Westwood hotel, Galway June 17/18.
    It is fully I.P.F(international poker federation) compliant.
    1. Who is running the event (organisation, society etc.)
    Irish Poker Events.
    2. The purpose of the event (charity, commercial etc.)
    To promote www.pokerevents.ie
    3. Date and Location of event
    June17/18 2005. Westwood hotel, Galway.
    4. Registration and Start time of event.
    !7.30-18.30 registration, cards dealt @ 19.00.
    5. Any prerequisites (member of club, society etc)
    Irish poker events members. Need to over 18.
    6. How can tickets be purchased & is there a maximum number (in advance, at the door etc.)
    Tickets available @rochestown pk mon6th.Westwood wed8th.Red Cow Tues14th. No limit.
    7. Type of Tournament (Hold'em/Omaha etc Freezeout/Rebuy etc.)
    Texas Hold em freezeout.
    8. Cost of entry and any subsequent rebuys/top-ups etc.
    €400plus€40
    9. Cost of registration
    €40
    10. % of entry fee/rebuys/top-up going into Prize fund
    100% into prizefund.
    11. Any guarenteed prize pool.
    €50,000guaranteed.
    12. If applicable, Number of re-buys allowed and over what time frame/blind levels.
    13. Starting Chips
    14. Rebuy and Top-up chip amounts.
    15. Blind levels
    25-50 50-100 75-150 100-200 200-400 300-600 400-800 800-1500 1000-2000 2000-4000 3000-6000 4000-8000 5000-10000 7000-15000 10000-20000 20000-40000.Running antes may be introduced by director but NO SOONER than level 7. Day 2 clock will either be brought back or increased to 1 hour pending on stack sizes.
    16. Blind timeframes
    40mins
    17. Places being paid and if any prizes are other than cash (free entry to other tournie, merchandice etc)
    W.S.O.P main event ticket and package for winner. 10k from fund will be deducted for this.
    18. Are there going to be dealers - and their level of skill
    Professional dealers at every table with two running croupiers.
    19. Will there be a documented list of rules
    Full list of tournament rulesavailable at registration desk also online.
    20. Is there a tournament director
    Director is Richard Neilson.Assistant is Manus Burke.Tournament Manager is Fintan Gavin.
    21. How are disputes handled - who has final say.
    Director/tournament manager decisions are final in all cases.

Hotel is already full but there is many good hotels and B+B s nearby with a discounted rate.
    Satellites will begin @ 15.00 on the day.
    See www.pokerevents.ie for more or your welcome to phone 091 799990 for any questions.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

Running antes may be introduced by director but NO SOONER than level 7.

Nice one Fintan.

What format will the live satelites be. STTs? Are there any online qualifiers?

Nicky.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Pokerevents

Hi Nicky, did nt get the online sats up in time. We will have 3-4 10player stt's on the day.
    These will be 80 buy-in with 2 tickets awarded.
    Are you around for this1?

Hi Nicky, did nt get the online sats up in time. We will have 3-4 10player stt's on the day.
    These will be 80 buy-in with 2 tickets awarded.
    Are you around for this1?

Trip to Mexico put back 'til the end of the summer. I'm 99% sure I'll be there depending on work commitments.

Westwood is booked out but give me a shout if need accomodation and I'll sort it.

Westwood is booked out but give me a shout if need accomodation and I'll sort it.

No worries I have a regular B&B in Galway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭azzeretti

Fintan,
    What's the story with anyone who won entry to this via the red cow? I was given a number to call (Aaron) afer winning a package on Thursday but there is consistantly no answer (answering machine). Obviously there is still loads of time until the event but will someone be getting in touch to arrange hotel bookings etc?

Thanks

Hi,
    Aaron had the weekend off, I will deal with your questions. P.M me or e-mail me fintan@pokerevents.ie

Thanks - will do.
    Sorry if my post came across as doubtful, it wasn't meant be at all. I was just curious about hotel bookings.

Cheers

Westwood hotel is now booked out, however we have a discounted rate in other hotels nearby, if any1 needs accomodation just e-mail me.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

just saw this

any deductions from prize-pools for best overall player prizes, dealer tips or any other reason will be clearly published in advance.

never heard of a 'best player' prize??

Surely who ever comes first is the "best player"!!!

Best player prize would refer normally to the best overall player in a series of events. For example WSOP would take a percentage out of every fund in every event(42 in total I think) and award this payout to the best overall player during the entire festival.
    This is now the norm in most of the european events, however I have'nt seen the fitz or the merrion or macau introduce this yet, but I'm sure they will as it encourages players to partiscipate in all the events during a festival to increase their chance of winning.
    From a players point of view I think it's great as it spreads out the prize pool more, and adds an extra unique competition in itself.
    Last years WSOP overall winner was Daniel Negranue who was awarded a 4wheel drive from toyota as well as cash.

Advertisement