Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I won money last night!

Options
  • 05-06-2005 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭

This forum needs a bit of balance ;)
    Post your winning stories here.

I'm up about 100 today thanks to a 20$ 2-table victory.

Just discovered latest party bonus and I already have another one registered but not started yet so lots of hands in the next 10days or so. Shame I don't have a bank holiday tomorrow :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

up €190 last night thanks to AQs and two short stack flush drawing twats on a paired board at $1/2 nl with AQA flop. They were drawing for their flush with 5 and 8 kickers against my boat made on the flop with two hearts down against my spades and called my near pot sized bets for both of their stacks.

45s and 78s was the competition, if you can call it that. I didn't raise coming in with all the callers, hoping instead for my miracle flop and it hit.

When I bet $8 on a $12 pot on the flop, most fold and then two very silly chaps decided to both come over the top and raise me big hoping to both hit their flush to take me down. They got themselves pot commited until I put one of them all-in by the turn and the second on the river.

They didn't even hit their flush but the guy with 45s saw a 4 and 5 on the turn and river which convinced him he should still call for his last $45 by the river. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,620 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Tact
    What site was that on? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

not paddypower :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Ardent

TacT wrote:
    two short stack flush drawing twats on a paired board at $1/2 nl with AQA flop.

You really have to wonder what's going through people's heads sometimes. AQA out there, two pair As and 5s is your best hand, and calling a $45 raise?! I guess some people just don't know when to let go.

You must have been pinching yourself, after you saw their cards, the way these guys played into you.

Advertisement