Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City Buses On A Sunday

Options
  • 05-06-2005 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭

any good reason why buses in this town disappear on sundays

people do work on sundays
    shops do open on sunday

what gob****e decided not to run them

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

Its sorta ridiculous because my bf`s in aol and he gets the bus in ,. and every sunday he ends up leavin well early to walk up or if hes up late has to pay for a taxi , what the hell is the deal with no city imp on a sunday ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

OLDYELLAR wrote:
    in aol

same for me. i'm living over by the Tower Hotel so it's a pain if its raining and i cant cycle so end up getting taxi's. yesterdays taxi cost €12

Yea were up Johns hill and he finds it a real pain on sundays getting to work , I dunno what he done today , do the city imps run bank holidays ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

The whole country is **** on a sunday. Dublin is better for busses, but not by much. It's like the Catholic church is still having lip service paid to it. The shops are trying to do business, but there's no support.

Thank **** things have moved on from the 80's, where watching paint dry would have been the high point of my sunday, if there was any wet paint drying.

I mean, it's 1/7 of our lives, ffs. Some people say that staff should get the sunday off - can't be working all the time, etc. But they seem to ignore the fact that *different* staff can work the weekends...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

OLDYELLAR wrote:
    Yea were up Johns hill and he finds it a real pain on sundays getting to work , I dunno what he done today , do the city imps run bank holidays ?
    ooh, so am I :S .

About the buses, the only bus service that runs on a Sunday is the Tramore route, which is heavily watered down with buses going every hour as opposed to every half hour.

• Advertisement

ooh, so am I :S .

About the buses, the only bus service that runs on a Sunday is the Tramore route, which is heavily watered down with buses going every hour as opposed to every half hour.
    hey hoe neighbour :)

Advertisement