Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about the board

Options
  • 05-06-2005 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

Here's a homegame question for y'all.

I had 3x. Board came 333KK. My opponent had nothing, so called the house. Do I have to call the house aswell, or can I take the four 3s?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

You call your best 5-card hand which is the 4 3's.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Cards Speak. Doesn't matter what you call - the cards you hold determine your hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Yea, that's what I thought. I just vaguely remember a tv game a few months back where both players had to play the board. I don't remember the specifics but it's entirely likely that it just happened that the board was the best hand for both players, which makes sense. In my case, the 3333 was my best hand, I just needed confirmation :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

You might be thinking of that classic WPT heads up where one guy had KK and the other Ax. Board came with 4 7s to give the pot to the player with Ax. Sick as a parrot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

PPP Heads-Up game
    2000 starting chips - My opponent is 'erratic'
    Im down 400 chips to 1600

Pot is about 600 and the board has the wheel 3-2-A-5-4
    Split pot in most cases heads-up but my opponent raises 400 after the river. Is it worth a 'call' in this scenario or fold? what would you do?

spoiler:
    I took the safe option and folded. He might not have had the 6 but i didnt feel like paying 400 more to split the pot to retrieve my 300 chips.

• Advertisement
Advertisement