Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new digital service for ireland?.

Options
  • 05-06-2005 2:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 623 ✭✭✭

was flicking through the buy and sell last night and seen that www.zintek.tv
    are advertising digital terresterial receivers for 120 euros that will pick up channels using a aerial,this is the first i have heard of a possible digital terresterial system being launched in ireland,the also stated that all channels will be free to air.

kinda wondering apart from ret1,net2,tv3,tg4,what other channels would be on it?.would the throw on the likes of sky news,eurosport e.t.c.

anyone else heard or know anything about this thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

1st i heard of this

what i know is that DTT is supposed to be testing very soon in the north east

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

There is no DTT in Ireland for this box to receive! There has been tests and apparently more on the way. However, these are not public tests. Perhaps it's a freeview type receiver that could be used to pick up digital signals closer to the border?

You'd certainly be an early adopter if you bought it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 623 ✭✭✭hawker27

well lads i don,t know to much more on this,but there taking orders for boxs.
    might be worth giving them a buzz on tuesday morning to see whats the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,289 ✭✭✭✭L1011

They're just selling all Promax kit, including DVB-T boxes. Sure, you can get one. No signals to feed it with, though. Bit like my analogue satellite boxes all sitting in my attic with no dish attached...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

hawker27 wrote:
    might be worth giving them a buzz on tuesday morning to see whats the story.

unless you're able to receive freeview signals there is no point really

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,580 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Thread moved to the Digital Terrestrial forum.

Advertisement