Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chipped xbox, xbox live or mp3 player(creative zen)?

Options
  • 05-06-2005 10:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭

which one should i get? when i say chipped that includes a new HD. but iv already signed up for live nd i aint gettin much use out of it :(

which should i get? 17 votes

chipped xbox with HD
    0% 0 votes
    xbox live for another year
    82% 14 votes
    mp3 player(creative zen)
    17% 3 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭GaMMoN

There is a way to use xbox live and av a chipped xbox but you need a mech assault save file called linux and if av this u can turn on and off the chip. The good thing about this is that u dont have to open ur xbox or solder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

yeah but i have already got xbox live, and when i get it chipped i will be getting a new hard drive so i cant

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

u dont "chip" an xbox with a save file :rolleyes: u "softmod" and xbox with a save file, the save doesnt install a chip, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

when you softmod your xbox there is no opening of your xbox required,and it can all be taken off and if anything happens you still have your warrenty, there are other programmes just like xbox live that are made for chipped box's.
    but you are gettin a new hard-drive so softmod wont really matter.
    Hope i didnt confuse you,
    Chris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭GaMMoN

Yea i know its just most people dont know what your talkng about when you dont say "chip".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Armen Tanzarian

Make a switch and use both hdd's original for live ...

u can go on live with a larger hard drive, and a softmod, just make sure the xbox hasnt been on live before, and that the softmod is turned off. newayz, it wont let u connect to live with the mod on, as protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

If you have already been on live, use the old HDD and make sure the modchip is off.

yeah, cause if you clone it to a new, larger drive, and have mod off, MS will detect it, if youve never been on live, turn mod off, and have bigger hdd, ur fine, then sign up to live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

OK then i'll look into softmodding it then maybe get a mp3 player :) thx for ur word
    Flunk/Jebus

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭CHUCKLEZ

check this site out.
    www.modchipsireland.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭axel90

if for some reason ure getting an mp3 player over modded xbox check out http://www.digmind.com great big hd mp3 players wit good battery life

Advertisement