Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What discs will a modded xbox read?

Options
  • 04-06-2005 8:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭

I have some DVD +, wondering will it read these?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

depends what drive your xbox has, if its thompson, dvd+/r's but NO cd's, samsung, everything BUT +R's, and philips a bit of everything, but still picky.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭elmer

I haven't found a samsung that had trouble reading +r discs

you're best bet is to try the media you already have and go from there

i already said the samsung wont read +r's :rolleyes:

i already said the samsung wont read +r's :rolleyes:

well done - you can read your post - now read mine - i think i've used between 40 and 50 samsungs and have yet to find one that won't read +r discs, if you have one that doesn't read +r's then you're in a small minority

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭silverlining

it's not just the drive, the brand of media has a lot to do with it too (but generally it's not as important) so some DVD+R's might work and others might not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭IANOC

where can you get the xbox modded?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Armen Tanzarian

I can do it for you if you like, I'm based in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

On your kitchen table.

Or PM me if you're in the Galway/West of Ireland area.

I've a Toshiba-Samsung drive (Crystal 1.6a, brown DVD cable), and a few DVD+R home videos, I'll report back when I get around to testing it.

well i have modded numourous xboxes, and have yet to see a samsung that will read +r's, (bulkpaq) and some other brands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

Well you are just pissing into the wind with Bulkpaq :rolleyes:

Try some decent media and get back to us.

• Advertisement

i used brands such as ritek, and data write +r's and have never known a samsung to read them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭gsand

ritek are the ones to go for, but watch out for some of the fake riteks the deep purple dye is the best stuff around

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

Im using a samgsung drive and mine reads Octron DVD+r and DVD-r discs with no problems, Are you writing the discs at the lowest speed?

high low, i never have seemed to be able to get any branded +R to work on a variety of different xbox's, dvd-r's work on all drives, and have an excellent success rate, imo, stay with dvd-r's your garantee'd theyll work with your dvd-drive, even cheap ass ones, once you use the correct burning methods.

some dual format drives don't burn the +r discs in a state that allows them to be red - I've used ritek +r's before and had no trouble - did they come up as unknown or not read at all?

you don't happen to have an nec burner do you?

i have a NEC burner, but my friend's burner has brunt xbox mgames on +Rs and still they dont read on ant samsung drives.

I've come accross where they come up as unknown instead of game on the +r discs - something to do with the way they're burnt on dual format burners

well every one i know has dual-format burners, (not NEC) and they also have NEVER gota +R to work on a sammy.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I've got a Toshiba-Samsung drive (brown cable - as noted above).
    I tried some DVD+R and some CDR last night, DVD+R were fine, CDs were a no-go though.

Advertisement