Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Green

Options
  • 04-06-2005 3:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭

I saw Peter Greens newly formed band 'Peter Green's Splinter Group' a couple of years ago and was wondering if anyone likes this blues band? I saw em in Dublin and I was the only young person there but I love all types of music and he was great in Fleetwood Mac...

Have this band now broken up? I got their album Reaching The Cold 100 and it's not bad..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭juno75

dunno what the story is now with him, I remember him playing but missed it.

If you havent already you should check out his life story, Spinal Tap have nothin on this guy (going mad, being a grave digger, 3 foot finger nails...)

For me he epitomises what a Les Paul should sound like (out of phase that is ;) )

Great, Great guitar player.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Bonzo

I was at that gig too in the Mean Fiddler or the Village (cant remember what it was called then).
    I wasnt expecting much from a man who flipped out and was in a home for years but he was great!
    Still had the licks and the voice was still pretty good!
    Must google to see what he is up to now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Yeah, the man's a legend!! The gig with his new band (well, I think they've split up now...) 'Splinter Group' was at the Helix, but it was still good!

At points I admit I couldn't understand what he was saying...xD

Advertisement