Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

North Dublin Texas Hold'em Poker Masters Series

Options
  • 04-06-2005 1:18pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anybody know much about this....they are runing touraments out in The Grand Hotel, Malahide.I have never heard of this event and I am pretty close to Malahide

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

The northside is crying out for some proper tournaments (hint hint tom ;) ) but I am not going to any more micky mouse events as they are a pain in the butt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 SODSS

Yeah wouldn't mind finding out about this myself dub or any other n/side tourneys-sick of having to head into town for a decent game :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

there are loads of pub games across the Northside but they are all not much more than a few lads having a pint and a game of cards.

Us Northsiders demand more...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

Anybody get any update on this game yet?

I'm interest in going, but dont want to waste time and money. What is the final prize pool in the final etc!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭pokertroll

Ollieboy wrote:
    Anybody get any update on this game yet?

I'm interest in going, but dont want to waste time and money. What is the final prize pool in the final etc!

Details on Poker.ie

Venue :
    The Grand Hotel, Malahide
    Malahide,
    Co.Dublin

Date : Friday 10th of June 2005
    Registration Time : 19:30
    Game Start Time : 20:00
    Estimated Finish Time : 01:00

Prize Pool : EUR 7000 pro rata
    Buy In : EUR 30 euro(includes reg
    Additional Info : Players can buy a maximum of 4 rebuys or 3 rebuys and 1 top-up. These will cost 20 euro. Limited to first 140 players

Game : No limit Texas Hold'em
    Rules : Normal Rules Apply

This is a 6 event series in which there are 5 qualifiers and a Grand Final. All prize winners during the qualifiers will earn extra chips for the Grand final in which there will be a bigger prize fund.

Contact Name(s): Andrew Jones
    Phone : 087 6402336
    Email : andrew_jones@dub.invesco.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

pokertroll wrote:
    Game Start Time : 20:00
    Estimated Finish Time : 01:00

Prize Pool : EUR 7000 pro rata
    Buy In : EUR 30 euro(includes reg
    Additional Info : Players can buy a maximum of 4 rebuys or 3 rebuys and 1 top-up. These will cost 20 euro. Limited to first 140 players

140 players in a four-rebuys 5 hour tournament.... This has crapshoot stamped right across its forehead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

Thats what I thought Lenny. It seems a like a lot of rebuys and it says nothing about the final, ie prizepool been money or tickets for something else.

I feel this event is more about getting our money than providing a good poker event.

Does anyone else have a record with these event organisers?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

is it self deal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭pokertroll

roryc wrote:
    is it self deal?

I only copied the blurb from poker.ie
    It might be worth firing your questions to the email address at the end.

Advertisement