Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bootup problem with Dell Inspiron 2650 laptop after 2 years

Options
  • 04-06-2005 1:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

This is really a piece of info rather than a question, but feel free to mention it if you ever encountered this issue:

I have a 2yr old laptop. Inspiron 2650 Dell P1.8Ghz (384Mb) and a 30Gb Hitachi harddrive and geforce2 go card. It does the job and nice and all that. But recently, when I power it up in the mornings after being off for several hours it takes several attempts to boot up taking 5 mins or more.

The problem is that drive isn't detected upon bootup but if I turn it on/off several times it eventually detects the harddrive and then boots up fine into XP. Anyone ever suffer from this.

I searched the Dell Forums and lo-behold I found an article with same model suffering exactly the same problem. It seems the drive was faultly or the pcboard had be changed. The guy changed the hard drive in the end and was fine after this. But it could be a lose cable. It's under warrenty so I will get Dell to sort it. Just wondered if anyone this problem before?

Advertisement