Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opeth, September 6th, Birmingham

Options
  • 03-06-2005 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭

Opeth aren't playing any Irish gigs this year as far as I know but they are playing gigs in Birmingham, London and Manchester. Are any of you planning on going? I haven't seen them live before but from what I've heard they're fantastic. And I have Lamentations and they do seem to put on a kickass show. Tickets are £13 so aren't too bad.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I've seen them twice before, and they were certainly astounding. Really great guys too, was hanging around with them the whole day.

I'd consider going, but might hold on to see if an Irish date is announced.

And damnit, gigs go in the gigs board!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I'll wait for a possible Irish date too and pray it's not on during the Electric Picnic. Unless they happen to be playing the Electric Picnic but I can't see that happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

If there's an Irish date I'm going. An English date I'm strongly considering right now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

ah f*ckt I'm there dont care where but i'm there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

Please Come Here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

yeah how bout we get a petition sorta thing going to campaign for them to play here too? We can get it to their website, on which I think there is a forum...?

Now that they've got Roadrunner behind them I doubt it'd make a difference. Ireland probably isn't a worthy draw as far as Roadrunner are concerned.

well which would you prefer, trying with a chance of getting somewhere or not or not doing anything and they just dont play?
    We wont know unless we do something and whats the worst that could happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Petitions never work. It's not the band nor Roadrunner that picks the dates, it's the tour manager and the promoters. If Opeth aren't offered a date here they don't do one so if you do petition, don't bother sending it to the band.

okay sure send it to their agency dealy thing-a-ma-bob. I'll check it all out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

i think H from emerald sent their agent an offer, havent heard anything since though...

'Twould be great if they played again. Emerald had them the last times, so it's definitely a possibility. With Emerald though, chances are I wouldn't get in. Bah... :(

Advertisement