Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cool...and more importantly, True!

Options
  • 03-06-2005 11:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

So, I started "Howl @ The Moon!" (http://www.avalon5.com) as a kind of experiment back in March, and it sort of grew on me, resulting in a hybrid blog/website scenario that I've been updating pretty regularly since then.

This week however, something pretty cool happened, completely unexpected. I've managed to get a regular readership (nothing in the thousands but I get a few hundred hits per day) mostly via traffic exchange and search engine hits..but this week that all changed :)

A buddy at work pulls me aside over a coffee and tells me that over the previous weekend, his fried tells him about this really cool site, with great videos, mad rants and crazy articles about chaos thinking etc. blah blah blah ... so my work collegue goes and checks the site, is blown away and then grabs me for a chat during the week to recommend MY OWN site to me :D

No prompting, no marketing, no links at all... just the wonderful weird world of the WWW working it's magic. I was gobsmacked, and a little proud at the same time. Hopefully I can continue to keep the content interesting enough to get even more readers.

In the interests of anyone starting out a blog, I just thought I'd let you know that sometimes, every now and then, good things happen ;) so stick at it.

c0y0te

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

daveirl wrote:
    This post has been deleted.
    Very!

Nice going c0y0te, maybe I'll get as lucky someday ;)

Advertisement