Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long until Gillick breaks the record?

Options
  • 03-06-2005 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭

He opened tonight, Friday, with 45.93, already a PB.

It has to come soon, I would say, and he should get the A standard for the WC.

I think he'll get close to 45.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

I have to agree with you, around a 45.2/3

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Common Sense

Yeah - the guy has loads of talent, but let's not invest too much expectation on to his shoulders. 400m is an event that has to be respected and an event where PBs are lowered in hundredths rather than tenths. Having said that, he's still an under 23 and he still has the guts of 5 or 6 years at least to break the record. It might be a mistake to push too hard for too much too soon. Just an opinion - but as I say David has a lot of talent and it should be harnessed and nurtured.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

Also, he could push up to 800 metres, if he gets the stamina, in the Euros he ran the perfect 2 lap race, transfer that to outdoors and he could do well, then again, it mightn't be for him at all.

Advertisement