Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

question about Queing up for Eminem concert tickets

Options
  • 03-06-2005 5:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭

What time should I start queing up at?

A day before hand or a hour before hand?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

Certainly not a day before hand. An hour if you want. If I was going I probably wouldn't queue at all. I'd just go down when ticketmaster opened. They'll take a few hours to sell out I imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

question about Queing up for Eminem concert tickets

Yeah, why?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Don't worry. It won't sell out in a few hours. Should be tickets available for a week or two. Well, at least until the junior cert is over. Should sell out then ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Dyaso

but was the RHCP concert in slane not sold out in like 30 mins. i think this would be a bigger concert.

Dyaso
    Birthday:
    January 6, 1989

Your in the right age group for the gig ;)

The RHCP have been going for years, probably before you were born. They have a fan base going back years. Eminem fans have only been around for about 5years. It won't be a bigger concert.

The gig will sell well, definitly will sell 60,000 tickets. I think he will find it hard to hit the 80,000+ mark.

Eminem does create some good "songs" but lately he seems to be aiming at the younger age group. I remember listening to him in either '99 or '00. He has become very commerical now.

• Advertisement

Rabies, I believe his last gig sold out 110,000 tickets in a few hours. That was after they released the tickets a day earlier without telling anyone. It probably won't sell out as quick this time but you never know.

Was that gig here. The last gig I remember him playing was at Punchestown.

Yeah two days in punchestown. In fact his shows in the UK sold out even quicker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭hiphopfanno1

I have a question too :) For the Eminem/50Cent etc concert if you are 16 and are with a friend of 18 will you get in???I'm buying my tickets on the web its so much faster...

David19 wrote:
    Yeah two days in punchestown. In fact his shows in the UK sold out even quicker.
    The gigs in Punchestown had a capacity of 10-15,000.
    Maybe he sold 110,000 tickets in a few hours in America or some where but not here.

• Advertisement

Rabies wrote:
    The gigs in Punchestown had a capacity of 10-15,000.
    Maybe he sold 110,000 tickets in a few hours in America or some where but not here.

Actually I looked for a link about the tickets. He sold 97,000 tickets within a few hours for the two punchestown shows. There was certainly a lot more than 15,000 there. I was there myself.

David19 wrote:
    Actually I looked for a link about the tickets. He sold 97,000 tickets within a few hours for the two punchestown shows. There was certainly a lot more than 15,000 there. I was there myself.
    Sorry, must have been thinking of a different gig. I taught he played a small gig that year.

Can I see the link where you got your info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Well I say this show will sell out as quick as the last show, so I should show up a couple of hours before hand (maybe around 2 to be safe)

I was at Punchestown and there was MUCH MORE than 15,000 there for sure.

Rabies wrote:
    Sorry, must have been thinking of a different gig. I taught he played a small gig that year.

Can I see the link where you got your info.

Well here's one:

http://home.eircom.net/content/irelandcom/topstories/5659693?view=Eircomnet

"He said he was confident the hip-hop star would sell out the 80,000-capacity venue as he had sold out Punchestown twice previously, with 100,000 people."

Also, here's a cached page about the tickets selling out within a few hours:

http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:eQXOJbEoaMoJ:home.eircom.net/content/unison/national/935566%3Fview%3DPrinter+eminem+punchestown+sold+out+in+a+few+hours&hl=en&client=firefox-a

Advertisement