Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lisduggan Shopping Centre to be redeveloped.

Options
  • 03-06-2005 4:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

And not a minute too soon frankly. It always was an eyesore and not just cos of all the shell suits.

http://www.waterford-news.ie/news/story.asp?j=18310
    The multi-million revamp by city developer Noel Frisby will change the face of shopping in Lisduggan forever if his plans to partially demolish the existing centre and build a new one over three levels gets the ‘thumbs up’ for planning.

The proposed centre will spread from its current position on Brown’s Road right up to Church Road and the neighbouring Bank of Ireland premises which is on the cards for demolition as part of the ambitious plans.

Tesco and Heaton will remain on as anchor tenants but the centre as is stands will see major development and expansion on a phased basis.

Completed, it will have a total of 32 units including the anchor tenants, a new community library, the re-located Bank of Ireland, Permanent TSB, two retail warehouses and three restaurants… and a general new mall area.

Car parking will increase from the current 383 spaces to 907 while a road link will be put in place from Brown’s Road to Church Road.

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Sounds good, whether or not it will get the "thumbs up" is another questioN!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

how could they refuse. the place now as it is looks like it is gonna collapse on itself

Well the only reason I can think of would be resident groups complaining that nearby residents would have to find an alternative place to shop while this redevelopment is going ahead?

Well the only reason I can think of would be resident groups complaining that nearby residents would have to find an alternative place to shop while this redevelopment is going ahead?

if that is what stops this from happening then god help us. there are other places to shop not too far from that area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

That area is just so rough!
    Its sickening even going up there to shop , especially when ya come out of tesco and some knacker has legged it with yer scooter :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

OLDYELLAR wrote:
    That area is just so rough!
    Its sickening even going up there to shop , especially when ya come out of tesco and some knacker has legged it with yer scooter :mad:
    Not as bad as the amount of scumbags who just hang out side the place everyday. Always see them shouting abuse at the security gaurds and blocking peoples entry into the shopping center.

angry_fox wrote:
    Not as bad as the amount of scumbags who just hang out side the place everyday. Always see them shouting abuse at the security gaurds and blocking peoples entry into the shopping center.

That whole area could do with a major overhaul , Although in my opinion even if the place was done up with the amount of scumbags living up there , it`d be wrecked after a few months anyway , I could be worng but I dunno it seems to be a complete scumbag hang out .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭lilulila

Was driving in there a couple of months ago and a scumbag was standing in bank of ireland car park with a hurl and some stones pegging the stones down onto cars. If i wasnt a small woman i would have turned the hurl no him ha ha :D

I was up there after my bike was robbed and there were some scumbags down in the car park of ya know the take away there and the off license beside tesco down the steps there and they were trying to break into a lorry and they shouted up , hey hows the scooter goin ya little bit*h , Needless to say id like to petrol bomb the wholwe area.

What cùnts, Im up for deporting them somewhere... maybe the atlantic ocean

• Advertisement

Good idea!!

in a big bag with plenty of rocks

:) With cement blocks tied around em

Suppose kids around there have nothing else better to do. Nobody seems to be doing anything for them. Mind you the guy who built the housing estate around there recieved a medal from the council for doing it.
    As for punishment for the scumbags with there hoodies, they should be brought off to america and dropped off in the middle of harlem our down-town detroit for a day. Then we shall see tough they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭phelo05

angry_fox wrote:
    I used to be one of those security guards took the abuse for a yr and a half then i found an even handier security job in a factory on the ida better money to. and are they going to replace philip barry with a newer model he,s there since it was a field lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

OLDYELLAR wrote:
    I was up there after my bike was robbed and there were some scumbags down in the car park of ya know the take away there and the off license beside tesco down the steps there and they were trying to break into a lorry and they shouted up , hey hows the scooter goin ya little bit*h , Needless to say id like to petrol bomb the wholwe area.

That's ****ing ****ty. :(

Mossy Monk wrote:
    how could they refuse. the place now as it is looks like it is gonna collapse on itself

Step up Serial Objector, and Galway native, Brendan McCann.

Has single handedly held back waves of progress in the city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Which city? Waterford or Galway?

Mike.

Here is something he has gotten in the way of. He is known as the scourge of development in waterford. People have been giving out about him on boards.ie before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote:
    Which city? Waterford or Galway?

Mike.

Waterford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

McCann objected to the metropole development aswell. Quote from news and star:

"In a hard-hitting objection, Brendan McCann criticised the design of the new development for having “little architectural merit” and also “poor residential amenity” because of overshadowing and overlooking between blocks”.

And instead of the new eight-storey hotel and three apartment blocks, he advocated that the existing and derelict Metropole hotel be refurbished and renovated because of its potential to that area of the city. The multi-million €uro plans for the site were originally submitted in December."

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭phelo05

kano476 wrote:
    McCann objected to the metropole development aswell. Quote from news and star:

"In a hard-hitting objection, Brendan McCann criticised the design of the new development for having “little architectural merit” and also “poor residential amenity” because of overshadowing and overlooking between blocks”.

And instead of the new eight-storey hotel and three apartment blocks, he advocated that the existing and derelict Metropole hotel be refurbished and renovated because of its potential to that area of the city. The multi-million €uro plans for the site were originally submitted in December."

:rolleyes:
    i thinks this Brendan (blow in) McCann should be shot or something or brought up the mountains and left there but i bet if we did that he,d find something like to many sheep up there or a rock out of place to object ta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Regarding the a*holes that intimidate every decent person trying to shop in tesco..
    Mossy Monk wrote:
    in a big bag with plenty of rocks

:eek: ..Oh my God say the tree huggers who say they are soooociallllyyy deppprivvvved.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭DéiseGirl

merlante wrote:
    Step up Serial Objector, and Galway native, Brendan McCann.

Has single handedly held back waves of progress in the city.

He's from Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalway??!! That explains a fupping lot. No wonder we're lagging behind the other cities :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

My flesh is crawling just thinking about the Lisduggan centre btw...remember Crazy Prices? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Maharet

D&#233 wrote: »
    He's from Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalway??!! That explains a fupping lot. No wonder we're lagging behind the other cities :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Yeah he is alright, he should fup off back there and all, tosser. :mad:
    D&#233 wrote: »
    My flesh is crawling just thinking about the Lisduggan centre btw...remember Crazy Prices? :D

Ah yes, lovely Crazy Prices, I remember it well ;)

phelo05 wrote:
    i thinks this Brendan (blow in) McCann should be shot or something or brought up the mountains and left there but i bet if we did that he,d find something like to many sheep up there or a rock out of place to object ta

If you're looking for a crew, let me know. I'd have the stomach for it.

We could throw him in the back of a van, drive him to Gaawwwwlway, throw him into the building site that is Eyre square and bury him alive in cement.

How would you like that development Brendan?

He should **** off back to Gaaawwwwlway and wreck that city!

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭DéiseGirl

It Crazy Prices was around now it would make Aldi and Lidl look like the foodhall in Marks & Spencer :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement