Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st time at the Fitz!

Options
  • 03-06-2005 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭

Well went to the Fitz for the first time last night, really enjoyed it, ended up making it to the last table but finished 9th. Only had about 7500 chips on the last table with the BB at 1500. Went all in against chip leader- a guy with curly hair who calls ANYTHING! i had AQoff he Called my all in with K5off. He flopped a K and won with top pair. Think the flop was something like 7s Kd 3h. Prob shouldn't have gone all in since there was a king already on the table, but I had outs, Oh well! Not bad for my first time, 1 buy in and a top up! I'll go down again without a doubt!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Divers wrote:
    . Went all in against chip leader- a guy with curly hair who calls ANYTHING! i had AQoff he Called my all in with K5off. He flopped a K and won with top pair.

lol ..the whole place was talking about him !!

He was just a nutter .... I seen him playing Black Jack before the tourney started at €50 - €100 per hand level.
    He was on my table most of the night and had 8 rebuys before he got lucky eventually and doubled up .... and then he kept doubling up, I only remember he folding 4 hands pre flop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

theres nothing worse playing against someone like that! Ah well, at least it didn't take me 8 buy ins to get to the last table :) that makes me feel a little better!!
    how'd you get on culchie?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

He's a gambler, I played against him in the 50-freezeout, he drove Marq, Niall O'C, Mick Maguire and I stone cold nuts! I made some good calls against him before losing all use of my brain and tossing away a nice chip position. I blame Marq for dragging me drinking beforehand.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭biteme

Divers wrote:
    Well went to the Fitz for the first time last night, really enjoyed it, ended up making it to the last table but finished 9th. Only had about 7500 chips on the last table with the BB at 1500. Went all in against chip leader- a guy with curly hair who calls ANYTHING! i had AQoff he Called my all in with K5off. He flopped a K and won with top pair. Think the flop was something like 7s Kd 3h. Prob shouldn't have gone all in since there was a king already on the table, but I had outs, Oh well! Not bad for my first time, 1 buy in and a top up! I'll go down again without a doubt!

what seat were you in? didn't think there were two stacks shorted than me? unless your tom g and went out in first hand. but twasn't his first hand there. Sorry just trying to figure out who all these new boards users are in the club

on the last table i was seat 8, second one out. there was a young college guy that went out couple hands before me, what seat were you at?

• Advertisement

Seat three in red t shirt...

biteme wrote:
    Seat three in red t shirt...

ah you were dealing upstairs at one stage?
    I was upstairs on table six with Des dealing for most of the night

Divers wrote:
    ah you were dealing upstairs at one stage?
    I was upstairs on table six with Des dealing for most of the night

that's me, my god was that the most boring table to deal too.

that dude with the beard that was on your table most of the night came to our table after yours, and lost all his chips on an all in bet. he had AA, the mad guy with curly hair called him and ended up with 555! Plus earlier in the night we had a prize muppet who kept chucking his cards across the table when he lost and questioning des the whole time. I took pleasure in adding his chips to my stack when i knocked him out ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

That muppet was a real prick - I couldn't get over the comment he made to Culchie after he pushed. Knocking tools like that out is extremely satisfying!

• Advertisement

ionapaul wrote:
    That muppet was a real prick - I couldn't get over the comment he made to Culchie after he pushed. Knocking tools like that out is extremely satisfying!

ooh comment? I missed that! What was the comment?

Divers wrote:
    ooh comment? I missed that! What was the comment?

Something like .... good call ;) ... nice to see him go home early :D

He must have mis read his 6 4 off suit going all-in :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I had dealt to him before so I decided to avoid him. The last hand of the game was typical. I had AQo in my hand so I raise it, mostly to get a shortstack all-in to end the game. Shortstack goes all-in and of course the table chip leader calls. Flop comes down AQx with two diamonds of which I have none. I chuck in another 4k to get him to fold and when he calls I realise he's got some of the flop, an Ace or Queen so I check it down despite having an almighty urge to go all-in. He probably would have called and I could have left with nothing if he's got trips or something. Sure enough he's got a Q and my two pair hold up.

I think people are being a little extreme in their comments about him. Everytime I see him he's got a massive stack so he must be doing something right.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Incidently I find playing the play money games online to be great practice for the free roll ;)

amp wrote:
    I think people are being a little extreme in their comments about him. Everytime I see him he's got a massive stack so he must be doing something right.

Hi Amp, good to put a name on a face.

After giving this careful consideration, without doubt, this a terrible poker player.

I also played on his table for every minute of the night, so I seen how his stack was accumulated ... and it wasn't pretty !

Advertisement