Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK U2 tickets - anyone get theirs yet?

Options
  • 03-06-2005 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone going to the UK for U2 shows get their tickets yet?
    I bought only for Manchester (June 14th) and still havent received.
    The ticketmaster helpsite says they're currently being despatched.
    I fly out next Friday and have heard nothing.

Do they just send via normal post or is it by recorded delivery??
    I'm starting to panic now... :(

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

My mate in the UK recieved my ticket yesterday for the Cardiff gig. :D

Forgot what date its on but its the wednesday after Glastonbury which I'm still waiting for my ticket for. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,571 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I have 2 for Manchester due too.
    Didnt get them yet ,it'll be Tuesday at the earliest.
    The person I was due to go with had to pull out so I dont know if I'll be going.
    Obviously if I dont get the tickets soon I'll have to go.
    I ordered mine off Lastminute.com and they are to be sent registered post.
    I'm pretty disgusted at the delay in sending the tickets out.
    I bought them March 4th which is 3 months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I had a look through my email (junk mail folder), and I found a "despatch confirmation" from ticketmaster.co.uk on May 19th saying they had been sent by registered post.
    I should have received in 2 days, and I was given a tracking number for Royal Mail.

The tracking number isnt coming up with anything on the Royal Mail site.

However, I just got an email back from ticketmaster - I emailed their helpdesk on Monday asking "where's my tickets?" - this was before I found the above email.

Anyway, they replied that my tickets have now been changed to box office collection.
    I wonder if they were ever going to tell me?!?!?

Now I've an email from them saying they were sent in the post, and another email confirming I'm to pick them up at the box office!
    Good old ticketmaster....

I just hope I get them now!!

Did you get a package deal MisterAnarchy? Or just the tickets? Did you have to pay over face value?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,571 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Did you get a package deal MisterAnarchy? Or just the tickets? Did you have to pay over face value?
    No concert tickets only.
    I paid face value plus £4.50 registered mail charge.
    The confirmation email stated that the tickets would be sent to me .
    By Christ if its box office collection I'll murder somebody.
    I have a friend living in Manchester who could collect them for me if I dont go.
    Lastminute.com havent answered my emails though. :mad:

Advertisement