Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCTV Camera's in Waterford

Options
  • 03-06-2005 10:20am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So I was going to work the other day and I noticed a number of large ESB box's on the ground besides a few poles (top of castle street, bunker hill, down beside the statoil on college street and the small road connecting castle street with bunker hill) all the poles that had these box's also had a CCTV Camera.

Anyone know what these were for?,
    I've asked around but nobody has a clue.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

http://www.waterford-news.ie/news/story.asp?j=18309
    The lenses were, in fact, spying on the thousands of vehicles trundling through the city’s busy streets. Twenty-four of the cameras were erected at different points throughout the city as part of a traffic survey for Waterford City Council.

The survey was conducted on two separate days over the past week, last Saturday and yesterday (Tuesday). Just as we went to press last night, our staff members caught two men in the act of removing the cameras. They owned up to being representatives of a company conducting a traffic survey for the City Council. Earlier, however, the City Council, the ESB and the gardai all said they had no knowledge of the cameras when contacted.

So if they were'nt put there at the behest of the Corpo...

Mike.

Advertisement