Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the oc ... yes or no?

Options
  • 02-06-2005 8:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

im just looking threw threads there about the oc and to my suprise not many people seem to a) talk about it and b) watch it ... i watch this programme religously i think it contains everything to make a good programme , humour, drama sadness , everything am i the only one on boards.ie who loves it along with alot of other people in limerick or do ye love it to?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,921 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

I think it's really bad personally but I think a good few people on here like it, maybe they are just afraid to proclaim their love. Maybe this thread will help them come to terms with it. :D

the oc rocks!seth is really great character who is really funny!like i n the episode with the crystal egg from risky business!ryan throws the egg to seth and he gets real excited he caught it forgetting the gangsters are chasing him

We need a poll methinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 the vivster

you no its weird seth is'nt the usual type of guy i would go for but omg you just fall in love with him he is so funny and the episode where he is hanging from the roof in his spiderman outfit and summer comes along and pulls his mask down as far as his lips i swear i nearly died it was so sad

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

yes for me. yes it can be predictable but meh.. most things are

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

i love that show like it's going out of style ( and it so isn't)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

I think it was much of a guilty pleasure in season 1,but its only that,its not great tv,the acting is dodgy at times,and the stories can be just stupid. Nonetheless I enjoyed it to an extent in season 1,but season 2 has been pure garbage. You just have to look at Kirsten and Sandy's story...first half of season his ex comes back and they have possible feelings leaving the Cohen marriage in danger-ok fine,its a normal storyline. But then when they want to give the couple another story...they just reverse the previous story,and now Kirsten has a crush on someone else and the marriage is once again in doubt! Please! Thats just shoddy and lazy writing.

yes for me. yes it can be predictable but meh.. most things are

yes it can be a bit cheesy but that in most cases makes it funnier i think, but that and sometimes marissas acting are the only things that are not so great about the show

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

yeah season one i quite enjoyed but it has got a bit stale.

how many big parties have been broken up because of fight/drink/drugs?
    with sandy coming down and saying "dont say anything, ill follow you to the station"

tvnutz wrote:
    I think it was much of a guilty pleasure in season 1,but its only that,its not great tv,the acting is dodgy at times,and the stories can be just stupid. Nonetheless I enjoyed it to an extent in season 1,but season 2 has been pure garbage. You just have to look at Kirsten and Sandy's story...first half of season his ex comes back and they have possible feelings leaving the Cohen marriage in danger-ok fine,its a normal storyline. But then when they want to give the couple another story...they just reverse the previous story,and now Kirsten has a crush on someone else and the marriage is once again in doubt! Please! Thats just shoddy and lazy writing.

i totally agree like in the episode where the four of them have dinner i hated the way kirsten acted but come on your not expecting real life drama it needs that far fetched drama to keep viewers watching dont you think?

• Advertisement

weemcd wrote:
    yeah season one i quite enjoyed but it has got a bit stale.

how many big parties have been broken up because of fight/drink/drugs?
    with sandy coming down and saying "dont say anything, ill follow you to the station"

i think sandy is kind of ment to be portrayed as the "cool dad" who will always be there for you and who is looked up to

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

really?

/me claps slowly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

no

no what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

the title of the thread was "oc yes or no"

i said

no

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

No.... It's crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,947 ✭✭✭✭Stark

The first season was pretty good, the second season was awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Lump wrote:
    No.... It's crap.
    it is indeed.

i totally agree like in the episode where the four of them have dinner i hated the way kirsten acted but come on your not expecting real life drama it needs that far fetched drama to keep viewers watching dont you think?

Of course i dont expect real life drama,but i do expect them to come up with a different storylines for Kirsten rather than recycling the one they had just done with Sandy!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

the oc rocks!seth is really great character who is really funny!like i n the episode with the crystal egg from risky business!ryan throws the egg to seth and he gets real excited he caught it forgetting the gangsters are chasing him

This poster is a good example of the type of people that the OC attracts. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I loved the first season.

But ffs i have never seen such pure sh**e as the second series.

Deffo .. . . . . No!

lol Tusky! :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

1st season was mostly enjoyable but the second season... dearie me. The only good episode was the finale and not just because it meant I had 45 mins of my life back each week but because it was actually a half decent episode anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭scudster

yes..........
    ..........i just watch it for the fine chicks!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Even the fine chicks couldn't make up for how truly awefull this show is.

It's like Home and Away on steroids, in California.

So that'd be another no then.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

The first series was quite good. Really funny lines etc but I think as it has become more popular, (I think most people noticed it towards the end of the series 1),the writers must think, "oh **** have to please everyone, every character has to have some drama going on in their life etc...", and has fukked it up.

They also brought in 4 new characters and only one has survived, Zack!

I like it for the occasional funny lines from Sandy and Seth. But it ain't as good ass before. But Seth always nice to look at! ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

oh god no...
    a thread which supports the brain rotting filth that is the o.c.
    please please please please stop watching this or if u do, dont openly say so...
    watch the news or something instead... the o.c. adds nothing to anything, it merely wastes time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

the only one on boards.ie who loves it along with alot of other people in limerick or do ye love it to?

Nah, its not really popular outside of Limerick. Limerick people are the only ones who can identify with being beautiful millionaires living on the west coast of a certain country :) It means nothing to the rest of us......

The OC has undoubtedly the worst theme tune of any television show in god knows how long. Dont really watch the show- watched one or two episodes, seemed to be more of the same- depressed American teenagers getting a bit worked up about long haired twats, hopuse parties that you wouldnt go to if you were paid due to the terrible music and the fact rich Americans cant drink for sh1te (jaysus, fcuk the parties out in the LA suburbs, black me up and drop me down in Compton for one, at least the tunes might be decent :D)

There was, however, girl girl kissing in the episode I saw. Therefore, despite its crap theme and crap music throughout it gets 12 thumbs up

And in all fairness, the birds are nice, but the majority arent jaw droppinly gorgeous, yid find more around here than in that show

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Tha Gopher wrote:
    And in all fairness, the birds are nice, but the majority arent jaw droppinly gorgeous, yid find more around here than in that show
    Yeah... best of luck with that! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

you no its weird seth is'nt the usual type of guy i would go for but omg you just fall in love with him he is so funny and the episode where he is hanging from the roof in his spiderman outfit and summer comes along and pulls his mask down as far as his lips i swear i nearly died it was so sad

Ha ha ha your so sad viv!

Advertisement