Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DeV and Shortstack's Most Excellent Adventure.

Options
  • 02-06-2005 2:24pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I can't stop grinning today.

I just finished buying my flight tickets to San Francisco on the 20th of June and from there over land with Oscar Niall and Dave to Las Vegas to report on the WSOP. Mike and I will be teaming up from the 2nd to bring you all live coverage from the event, focusing on Irish and English players on Antesup.com. We'll have a special subsite for it and the site itself is being redeigned and relaunched next week.

We hope to bring you guys live chat, video, photos, interviews, our blogs and coverage of all the players trials and tribulations before during and after. At least as best two humans can! (not to mention getting a bit of play in too!).
    Not to mention regular updates right here on our very own Boards Poker Forum :):). Hopefully we can give you guys ringside seats and coverage of the players that the other sites wont report on!! (G'wan Oscar!)

Much thanks to Paddy Power Poker for assisting us with the costs and for supporting the community.

We're going ta Vegas baby!

DeV <--- cheese eating grin right now.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

well done you lot,keep up the good work

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

thats deadly! looking forward to it. (hoping to win a seat myself of course)

have a blast :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

This I really, really like... I've been relying on other forums and Jesse May reports in the past, but it's been impossible to get any decent updates on the Irish players. Best of luck, lads!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Why dont you get on to TV3 or RTE....they may commission a few min for there News slots...?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

Have a ball. Don't get too sidetracked though it is work after all :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Cool. And by cool, I mean totally sweet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Thats great, i will look forwards to the reporting. Much needed too as my workplace has firewalled practically everything with this fancy websurfer software they have and boards.ie is on of the few poker sites i can access at work. Along with the Irish boys i would love to hear how the hendon mob guys, devilfish,simon trumper, dave colclough, raymer, etc are doing. Loads of much pictures etc would be nice too.

Well done fella's

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

And before someone points out that I was dead set against the US Homeland Security measures, I still am... I still think they are overbearing and an infringement not only of the american constitution but also of the human rights of all visitors.

on the other hand.... I mean, its Vegas!! *cough*.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

You'll have to learn how to drive now Dev .... think of the strip !!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Drive? uh... no thanks. Certainly not in the states!

DeV.

ps: That sig, as pleasant on the eyes as it is, has a life expectancy of 1.2 minutes. Can you make it smaller please? 300x125 should be fine :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

Now all I need to do is get some staff to run my shops. Anyone looking for a job in a games & DVD store?

I have given up trying to qualify, last night I get most of my chips in holding top set on a flop with a flush draw and get called by a monkey with second pair with an ace who makes a runner runner gutshot straight. totally muppeted.

Luckily I can drive - big automatic sports cars here we come !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Which store and whats the pay!

Advertisement