Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do they party at DCU??

Options
  • 01-06-2005 11:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

There's a course i really really really want to do in DCU next year but i've heard rumours that DCU isn't much of a party college so I'm a bit unsure of whether or not to go. What do you think?? Do they party in DCU???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

There's a course i really really really want to do in DCU
    You really really really want to do the course - very enthusiastic, but....
    next year but i've heard rumours that DCU isn't much of a party college so I'm a bit unsure of whether or not to go.
    ... you would consider not doing the course you really really really want to do because of a lack of PartyTime™ and "getting jiggy with it"?

You're not familar with the Three Billy Goats Gruff by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

there is parties, yeah. and college is what you make of it, if you want there to be parties, there will be parties.

theres a few major events in dcu:
    disorientation ball
    freshers ball
    socs ball (formal)
    halloween ball
    christmas ball
    rag ball
    celtic ball
    summer ball

and then clubs and socs organise their own events. there tends to be some band on in the bar every thurs night and there's other random things - table quizzes and the like

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

If you want to do a course then do it. Stop trying to worry about other factors such as "omg, will there be super parties all day, every day that I can goto istead of lectures!!!"

Do the course you want to do. You will have a good time, just join clubs / soc's and go out and meet people. If you were to party all the time and never do any work you will probably feel as though you wasted a year when you end up having to repeat it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭thefuturehead

honestly, there ain't no party like a dcu party.

of course there's parties, but to echo what everyone else said, the course is the most important thing.

lordy, i hadn't even been to dcu when i put it down on my cao form.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

We should make a sticky telling young hopefulls to **** off.

Or maybe we could be nice about it and ask them to stop posting asking if there is craic.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

rugbug86 wrote:
    college is what you make of it

So many threads in this forum have this line it. Gettin sick of hearing. People should just look at all the other "is DCU any fun" threads and maybe the same stuff doesnt have to be written over and over.

By the rugbug thats not a dig at you but at the people who keep asking the same stupid question

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Kingp35 wrote:
    So many threads in this forum have this line it. Gettin sick of hearing. People should just look at all the other "is DCU any fun" threads and maybe the same stuff doesnt have to be written over and over.

By the rugbug thats not a dig at you but at the people who keep asking the same stupid question

Heh, or we could just point them in the direction of these rather moany replies when they ask if DCU is any fun :P... seems to have had a very positive effect on you people ;):)!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

maybe we should make a sticky with the one line "college is what you make of it"

That should sort out the "is DCU any fun" debate

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement