Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is your cable off?

Options
  • 01-06-2005 7:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭

anybody here with chorus, is your cable off? mine is off in town

doesn't bother me much but the girlfriend is giving out because she missed home and away and I have to listen to her...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭BlueDrax

I'm in town, let me check...

Fuzzy picture - Tick
    Mono sound - Tick
    Sky Sports 1 unwatchable "due to radio interference from the local taxi company" :confused: - Tick

Everything normal here.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,124 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

moshpit77 wrote:
    anybody here with chorus, is your cable off? mine is off in town

I got rid of those shower of muppets along time ago, service was constantly breaking down and they don't know how to deal with people.

Have Sky digital now and will never go back to Chorus again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭moshpit77

i just have it cos its free with my apartment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

I have chorus cable and have never had any problems!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

BlueDrax wrote:
    I'm in town, let me check...

Fuzzy picture - Tick
    Mono sound - Tick
    Sky Sports 1 unwatchable "due to radio interference from the local taxi company" :confused: - Tick

Everything normal here.

If the local taxi firm radio is interfering with your cable you will need to make a complaint to comreg http://www.comreg.ie

• Advertisement

If the local taxi firm radio is interfering with your cable you will need to make a complaint to comreg http://www.comreg.ie

That's was one of the better excuses Chorus gave me for a dodgy picture on Sky Sports 1.
    Anyhow, landlady was over last night and gave me the OK to get a sky dish installed.
    So it's gonna be goodbye Chorus, hello Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭Joeface

but what about ur bathroom ???

Joeface wrote:
    but what about ur bathroom ???
    The less said about the landlady, Mr Daz & the bathroom, the better. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

I Can Neither Confirm Or Deny The Rumour At This Stage! :d

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭Joeface

was it a bit of a trogen horse Mr daz ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭Antenna

If the local taxi firm radio is interfering with your cable you will need to make a complaint to comreg

considering this is cable TV the problem is likely within the subscriber's own home I'm afraid, the Taxi's radio is operating fully legally I would guess - if poor quality TV cables are being used interference will get in - the type of TV cable for sale in hardware/DIY shops are often of poor screening quality - get decent cable like CT100 (which has both braid and copper foil under the outside insulation)

also make sure plugs at the ends of cable have secure connections

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 79 ✭✭strettie

Can you buy enough of that cable to wire our entire road because we all have interference :D

Advertisement