Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

CD Authorisation

Options
  • 01-06-2005 3:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭

Does anybody else get teh thing where it asks for CD Authorisation whenever you are trying to join a multiplayer game? I seem to get it quite a bit and I cant figure out why....unless my firewall is doing it to me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Does anybody else get teh thing where it asks for CD Authorisation whenever you are trying to join a multiplayer game? I seem to get it quite a bit and I cant figure out why....unless my firewall is doing it to me.

Shared your CDs with anyone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

Only thing I've ever noticed about authorisation is if I connect through X fire and the CoD disc isnt in it comes up saying "awaiting key authorisation" or something like that. It goes away for me after a few seconds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

i dont think your firewall has anything to do with it, check your cd key, make sure its the right one, if youve shared your cd key with someone else and there using it online then yours wont work afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Collina

I get it occasionally if I drop rather than properly disconnect from one server and quickly try to connect to a new one - it seems the server I was playing on still is passing my CD key info to the master server.

Usually after a minute it releases my info and allows me to join a new server.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,117 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

If you've PeerGuardian or something similar installed, disable it before you try to connect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Definitely Firewall Issue if you're sure nobody else is using your Key ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Sergeant Horse

thanks guys. I know for certain nobody elses uses my key so its defo the firewall. the palce I was living in in College had its own firewall so that was probably blocking it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 X-Man

Are you sure you havnt give your CD-Key 2 ne1?
    COD ****in rocks!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement