Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tori Amos in Vicar Street

Options
  • 01-06-2005 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭

I really enjoyed that gig last night. This lady is very talented, and what an incredible voice...
    Damien Rice showed up for a duet with her, and what a nice surprise to have Tom McRae as support slot!

No other word than: wow!

Anybody went to it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

What a stage presence for someone who after all sits down facing away from the audience most of the time!

Hey it was Tori, so of course it kicked ass.

I didn't know Tom McRae's stuff, it's lacking a certain maturity lyrically (in that he needs to develop more as a writer, not as in he's writig immature material if you know what I mean) but there's the talent there to do so and musically he was very strong, with a good line in banter with the hecklers also.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I'm sorry I didn't go. Although a friend of mine who is big into Tori went the other night and was very disappointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 lilchicken

I went on monday night, she was amaaaaaazing.

Looking at the setlist for Tuesday though I wish I could've gone as she played some of my fave songs.
    Apparantly Tuesday was more 'crowd pleasing'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Damien Rice showed up for a duet with her,
    Don't know much of her stuff or even like Damien Rice that much but that song The Power of Orange Knickers is fantastic

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Talliesin wrote:

I didn't know Tom McRae's stuff, it's lacking a certain maturity lyrically (in that he needs to develop more as a writer, not as in he's writig immature material if you know what I mean) but there's the talent there to do so and musically he was very strong, with a good line in banter with the hecklers also.

looks like you still don't know tom mcrae's his stuff, how can you judge him if hearing him live was one of the first times you've listened to him, go and have a re-listen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Tom Mcrae was class.... i thought Tori was brilliant, and i never really liked her music!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭shacko

erm does anyone know if it was tori who can on stage and did a duet with James Brown at the end of his set in vicar st. Last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

lordgoat wrote:
    go and have a re-listen
    It was certainly good enough that I already had intentions of doing so. After some more listening today I still think he needs to develop a bit in his lyrics writing, though that's still only a day's listening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

shacko wrote:
    erm does anyone know if it was tori who can on stage and did a duet with James Brown at the end of his set in vicar st. Last year

doubt it, www.thedent.com has nothing on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭shacko

It Looked Very like her

• Advertisement
Advertisement