Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinion on Quote for work

Options
  • 01-06-2005 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

hi all, I need an opinion on a quote I received. I wont give any names or anything, I just need to know if the quote is a decent one or I am being ripped off (which I dont think is the case).

The house is a 2-up, 2-down mid terrace old dublin redbrick. Needs a bit of attention, has all the original walls downstairs etc.

In brief, the work to be done is:

Building a single story extension of approx 5m x 2.2m at the back.
    Making the bathroom smaller by knocking one of the walls (which is currently an external wall, will be internal wall after extension is built). Installing new bathroom, tiling new bathroom. Creation of utility room off new extension in existing old extension.

Removing internal walls downstairs, one of them load bearing.
    Fixing/Strengthing floor (its sags). Restoring fireplace to exposed brickwork.
    Installing new kitchen, floors, tiled kitchen floor.

Identifying and fixing a leak in the existing kitchen.

Fitting 5 velux windows in the new extension, 3 in kitchen, 1 in utility room, 1 in bathroom.

Rewiring downstairs. Installing new stairs. Replacing existing ceilings downstairs. Installing new light fittings etc...

Quote for this : 56K. I supply stairs, floorboards, tiles, bathroom, kitchen, light fittings etc..

Good, bad, ok ?? thanks.

Advertisement