Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRL: Promo for 1X04 - "Walkabout"

Options
  • 31-05-2005 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭

OK, since RTE's current promo for 'Lost' is terrible... little bits of footage from the show spliced with words like 'Lost', 'Alone', 'SOS' in the 'Lost' font against a black background...

Below is a copy of the US promo for the EXCELLENT 'Walkabout' due to be shown here on Monday (June 6th)

Contains spoilers!

1X04 - "Walkabout" Promo 9.6MB MPEG

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I have seen this episode about 5 times, I have it saved away so I can watch it anytime I like, yet I am still going to tune in on Monday to watch it... in fact I might go and watch it again now.. it's that good

Hyzepher

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Might actually post a thread for discussion on it now!

A bit early but can always bump it on Monday. Just realised they're showing this episode on a Bank Holiday. Bound to get a few more viewers!

I've a feeling 'Lost' will kill in the summer ratings anyways...! Once the show catches speed.. was talking to the girlfriend about it tonight, i personally think the second half of the season is probably a tad stronger.

The season as a whole is pretty much flawless... but could really chat for hours on theories / incidents during the second half of the season.

Anyways... don't forget "Walkabout" on Monday everyone!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

This is getting confusing, I don't know where to post any more!Spoiler for Walkabout:
    Rose's husband's name definitely is Bernard. What's the significance?

This is getting confusing, I don't know where to post any more!Spoiler for Walkabout:
    Rose's husband's name definitely is Bernard. What's the significance?
    Read here on who apparently played Bernard in "Exodus - Part 3" and "Genesis - Part 1" (episode 1 of Season 2 apparently) - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=2841804

Best keep the discussion in that thread from now on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

basquille wrote:
    I've a feeling 'Lost' will kill in the summer ratings anyways...! Once the show catches speed.. was talking to the girlfriend about it tonight, i personally think the second half of the season is probably a tad stronger.

Can't explain this other than maybe 'knowing less is more engrossing', but I actually think the episodes from 1-11 are much stronger than those from 12-25 (with the exception of 14, 18 and 23.)

I think the less we knew, the more we tuned in, the more keen we were to look for small details (like a discussion Rose has on the beach in 1x04 this week, for example.)

Could be just a personal thing, or maybe I thought those flashbacks and island goings-on were stronger. Plus, the drawn-out nature of some events around 19/20/21/22 vexed me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

Didn't really see why this is supposed to be the best episode. Introduces interesting new stuff though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Yeah bit of a let down

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Hello? Locke crippled! Island makes him better! The way it was done,the writing was fantastic! What does it take to impress some people! Explosions? Sex? Bad writing?

There's a thread for discussion now on the main forum for 'Walkabout'.

Maybe it was a bit of a let down because we've been hyping it up a lot...!

Advertisement