Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desperate Housewives Season Finale

Options
  • 31-05-2005 10:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭

:mad: :eek: :confused:

what the hell kind of ending was that! cant believe we have to wait for the new series!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Cherry_Pie

:eek:

OMG!!! Thats just not FAIR!!! It was Brill but that was some cliff hanger!!!

So lets start the fun!!! What are you're predictions for Season 2!! Something to fill in the space between now and then!!! (or at least the DVD!!!)

The guy who plays Rex said in a recent interview he was coming back next season! Do we have a Mary Alice two?? Or have georges little games gotten way out of control with the phone call to Bree!!!!! :confused:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I reckon Rex will be back in the form of flashbacks. It'd be far too goddamn lame to have another character doing those poncy voiceover things, although it wouldn't be beyond American TV to do it anyway.

The newly-arrived token black family clearly have a secret of some sort. Hopefully it won't tie into the original storyline too much because that, frankly, would suck ass.

Carlos will go to prison for years but manage to have some sort of external contacts unbeknownst to Gabrielle who will try and kill her. Meanwhile she'll be having a tough time with the pregnancy/child especially if she decides to stick with John in order to have a bit more money. Tension will abound as they slowly realise neither of them is really ready for the responsibility involved in raising a child.

Bree's kids will do a runner/have some sort of drug or alcohol related incident, having become convinced that their mother was involved in Rex's death.

Mike will have been shot by Zach, probably before Zach got a chance to find out that Mike was his father.

Yer one who wanted to look after Zach will turn out to have some sort of odd link to Zach, although I don't know what it will be.

And a whole bunch of new mysteries that promise more than they deliver as well, just to keep in the spirit of the series...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Sweetness!

Great predictions Fysh but Mike doesnt get killed just wounded and Zach goes on some crazyass freak out(as usual) when he finds out, only this time he does something REALLY mad :eek:

See Fun!!

Well for one John Metcailf isn't back next season! That was already released at the same interview with the guy who plays Rex! Also at the screen actors guild awards , or whatever way around that goes , it was said that , All the guys in DH will be basically redundant next season . The season Focus's on the women of Wisteria Lane and there will be another of the DHW's killed of by the season 2 finale!!!!! :eek:

That new family do seem a bit strange!! I wonder where they're gonna get a new mystery!! There can only be so many murder's/suicides/adultoriers/Pyromaniacs on the one street!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭beanyb

I read in a magazine somewhere (I think it was heat) that the actor playing Mike didnt even know if he'd be back next series and that they have to wait until june or july to find out. So who knows what happens!

• Advertisement

I hope he's back!!!! I can;t wait to see Lynette in the working world!! I wonder how Tom will get on with the kids though! Remenber he had to spend one day with them alone and nearly cracked in the middle of the season!!!!

I hope Paul Young isnt back , because that story would just get old after a few ep's!!!!

I think Bree will find out about George because he will become a complete staker and she'll discover the pottassium pills!! But maybe he'll kill her! Remenber one of our housewives will be dead by season 2 finale!! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

It was a good finale,not brilliant but good.

Technically how can Zach be back next year? I think there is jail time for deranged nut jobs like him,unless Susan and Mike decide not to turn him in because Mike is his father,well so I presume anyway.

So it was Mary Alice that killed Deirdre,not Paul...nice twist.

Lynnette back at work and Tom at home should be interesting.

New token black neighbours have some mystry going on that is ready to pop up next season,why not let someone in the house? Do they have a crack den set up or something :P The mother seems interesting from what I see,and the son had 2 lines so no idea about him.

Is Rex dead? Because I think thats stupid tbh. The stuff between him and Bre was good,and it seemed like they just killed him off to quickly and in a stupid way. Paul Young seems redundant for next season,despite being a good character Rex had more storylines in him than Paul.Was it some sort of ruse by the doctor, who figures her to be the culprit behind Rex's illness?

All the major storylines were revealed so what does that leave for next year?They will have to make up a whole new story arc,will it be as good?

John is an idiot,does he have a death wish?

The cliffhanger was ok...didnt like the way it was done though,from outside the house.

As finales go it wasnt bad,it answered the questions we wanted to know,but out of big finales I think the Lost one was far better.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

That one who plays "little mo" in Eastenders is supposed to be appearing in a few episodes of the new series. A Mary Poppins type character to help Tom perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

seabee wrote:
    That one who plays "little mo" in Eastenders is supposed to be appearing in a few episodes of the new series. A Mary Poppins type character to help Tom perhaps.

That's just.. bizarre :eek:

I thought the cliffhanger was alright. Reminded me of the end of the 1st series (i think) of Six Feet Under where you're left wondering if Nate got on the bus or not (as a metaphor for biting the bullet)

K.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭golfgirl

heard that about Little Mo joining the cast alright .. :confused:
    Aha Cherry_Pie, so that phonecall to Bree may have been from George, and Rex isn't dead at all ... I like it ... anyone know if this is what happens ...
    Overall, I thought they tied up the ends, and out of a pretty simple story, didn't they tell it well .. I'm glad I stuck it out. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

golfgirl wrote:
    Aha Cherry_Pie, so that phonecall to Bree may have been from George, and Rex isn't dead at all ...

:eek: That'd be a class twist!

I thought that scene where Bree finds out Rex is dead was very well done. Bree going back to cleaning the silverware beofre she could cry, how symbolic. I liked it, but I would have liked if Teri Hatcher had died, that would have wiped the smug little smile off her face. Bitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Yes that scene was very good,Marcia cross is a great actress no doubt,I just dont like how he died,how it was done. But her reaction was great.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I liked it, but I would have liked if Teri Hatcher had died, that would have wiped the smug little smile off her face. Bitch.

You're a marked man! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,149 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Or...Rex isn't dead, and it was just a way to gauge her reaction to see if she wanted to kill him...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

i thought it was a very good cliffhanger but i think Rex is dead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

hmmm i thought that with Rex writing the note "i understand and i forgive you" that it was going to lead to her being accused of murder in the next series.

guess we'll just have to wait and see......damnit! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

Well i dont think that rex will be doing the voiceovers or the flash backs. The series is called "Desperate HouseWIVES".

I reckon the focus will turn on the red head for murder and the new family. They will be the centre of things next time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

so whens season 2 ?Im really goina miss it now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

I was very surprised that Rex died, it was a pity i thought the Bree and him had some good story lines. Interesting that ye think he mightn't be dead, that would be a good twist but it would be kind of ruined now :(
    That new family was just so ridiculous, oh lets stand in front of the door we've something big to hide, that'll be the big story next season kind of thing.....how stupid!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Fionn McCOOL

Great Finale, cliffhanger was needed at the end to our attention until next season. I reckon its got about 2 to 3 seasons max. Storylines will just get more far fetched as creators try to hold ratings.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

S2 starts here in January I beleive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Ms Beanbag

Official spoilers:

Rex's mother is going to come to Wisteria Lane and "lock horns" with Bree
    Edie has an ex husband and a 6 yr old son who will visit
    http://www.spoilerfix.com/desperate.php

Oh Bean!!! Where did you find that out???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

Compared to earlier episodes, I think the finale was one of the weakest episodes in the latter half of the season. Previous episodes were vastly more entertaining and ENERGETIC - the finale seemed plodding and tired, resigned to having to show us what we already knew about Mary Alice instead of concentrating on more interesting storylines. Also, most of the previous episodes have had more exciting, excruciating cliffhangers to ponder, than what the finale offered.

I think they boxed themselves in by promising to resolve all the Mary-Alice stuff by the end of the season, thereby ignoring more interesting characters altogether. With regards to Mary Alice - nothing that happened was unexpected or shocking really - I mean, the storyline was obvious to (surely?) most viewers a good while ago, and while I liked that she killed Deirdre, it wasn't exactly a revelation.

I'm glad most people seem unhappy with the Rex storyline. I'd wonder if he's really dead, as even though Bree was laying out his funeral clothes, she still hadn't been to the hospital (assumption based on the fact that it was all still the same day, and she wouldn't have had time yet).

I like the idea of Lynette going back to work, but I wasn't happy with the non-event of Tom finding out she got the boss-wife to renege on his promotion. Also - wasn't there an implication when Tom's dad was visiting that Tom cheated/did something stupid while he was travelling? That wasn't addressed either by season's end (which I hoped it would be). Every time Tom got mad since then, it was like "Seriously, hypocrite much?". However, it wasn't really a case that I was dying for Lynette to find out, as much as be told ANYTHING about what he did.

Gabrielle/Carlos were wasted with the rubbish courtroom 'drama', and even John revealing the affair was far less explosive than it could and should have been.

Ultimately, I thought the finale was very paint-by-numbers. All the plots came to relatively predictable conclusions, or were just unsatisyingly left hanging (George for example). A GOOD finale manages to be satisfying with or without shocking cliffhangers, but man - I was expecting at LEAST a gunshot to ring out before the credits rolled, no such luck. I'd rather have spent some time with the new neighbours, George/Bree, Gabrielle/John and even Andrew.

They could kill Mike, Susan and Zach - I wouldn't miss them much! Please Paul, just come back and give us one final fire on Wisteria Lane and finish them all off (and yourself) :rolleyes:

Looking at tvtome and other sites, it seems there was a fair amount of storylines dropped/changed throughout the season, and I can't help wondering if the finale would've been stronger had more risks been taken with these abandoned plots? All told, a very strong first season, but weak ending, and like others, I would question how much life left there is in 'Desperate Housewives'.

Now I'm off to watch a classic cliffhanger when Marcia Cross blows up a apartment complex :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭soph

OMG!!!!! how fantastic was that finale??? who'd have ever guessed that Rex would die, being one of the leading characters.. I was absolutely shocked when he died. Nearly cried towards end when Bree broke down. Dunno if I can wait as long as January to see what happens nxt!!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Merged with existing thread.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

i missed more or less the last hour of the finale,does anybody know when its going to be shown on E4?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 the vivster

what annoyed me about rex was all he wrote was i forgive you or i no and i forgive you thinking she poisioned him but bree wont no what he was talking about he should of wrote what he taught she was doing then she would defo cop onto what the pharmasist was doing dont ye think? also the prediction that mike is zacks father .. omg i would never of even taught of that now i defo think he is the father cause he cared about deirdre so much!

• Advertisement

:confused: My theory is as follows

When we arrive back in WIsteria lane Zach gets susan to call home and get Mike over. Julie answers and knows theres something up with her "mom" and insists to mike on going over with him. Zach can't hurt Julie and they all start crying and the whole thing is defused! Mike embraces Zach in a fatherly hug and we swiftly get into the new story.

As for the Rex thing, i really don't think he's dead!! I wouldn't think the phone call was to see Brees reaction, if that was the case then someone would have arrived on her door to "observe" her. Also, it is highly unlikely that Bree, the wife of a doctor at the hospital would be informed over the telephone which lead me to the whole this is George again!!

Not a clue what the new familys secret is , but I have an inkling it will end up involving Eddie who didn't really get any great story lines this season, to keep the actress who plays her sweet! Well thats my theory!!

Advertisement