Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family guy download - they are on to us

Options
  • 31-05-2005 9:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

Hey people something is not right!
    when i search for family guy on a torrent search page i get an error report

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

that is annoying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Hugo Reyes

that is annoying

It is more worrying the annoying
    - you just have to search family, but are they on to us, are we at risk by downloading that stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

other searches work though,so why just that one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Hugo Reyes

tvnutz wrote:
    other searches work though,so why just that one?

i think they realised just how much people were downloading people and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act Enforcers ("DMCAE") decided to do their best to stop it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I'd advise you to edit that link out of your first post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

just select TV-Family Guy catogory

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,019 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Yes, that's it, the DMCAE (roffle!) have decided to target only people downloading one particulary show. Especially when that show has had, what, 4 seasons? Makes far more sense to target pirates of that than, say, South Park or the simpsons (shows with more episodes and therefore higher arguable losses in terms of DVD sales, as well as more established fan bases)?

Having missed the link, I can only assume that you somehow managed to misunderstand (misunderestimate?) the search function on a given torrents page. Until you can prove that every torrents site out there that has ever offered a family guy torrent seed is no longer doing so, people will think you're being a bit paranoid tbh.

And why, exactly, did you ever think you weren't at risk by downloading a pirated copy of a tv show? Unless the content owners specifically make it available freely to everyone, downloading it is not allowed. There have apparently been lawsuits against Irish filesharers within the last few weeks, so it may be time to think twice about what you download...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Downloading tv series is wrong :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Fysh wrote:

Having missed the link, I can only assume that you somehow managed to misunderstand (misunderestimate?) the search function on a given torrents page. Until you can prove that every torrents site out there that has ever offered a family guy torrent seed is no longer doing so, people will think you're being a bit paranoid tbh.

From Site wrote:
    There has been an error with your search

This search query has been blocked at the request of the copyright holder, in compliance with
    the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA")

This only happens with Family Guy searches on said site. The torrents however are still up on the site. After checking other sites there is no restriction on searches for Family Guy.
    However the op has hardly misunderstood the message returned from his search.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

dont they target uploaders more so than downloaders?...hopefully,lol :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

don't think this should be discussed on this forum tbh

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Read the Charter

Thread Locked!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement