If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact

Accommodation tips

  • 31-05-2005 8:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4


    I'm going to study as an exchangestudent next year... Now I'm looking for a place to live, which of these do you think best of and why? All thoughts are welcome...

    Victoria Lodge
    The Spires
    Farranlea Hall

    Thanks to anyone who can help :)


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭embraer170

    From those I would say Farranlea is the best (though make sure not to get a room overlooking the building site next door)

    Spires is closer if you don't mind listening to your neighbours and what's going on upstairs.

    A house share would be cheaper if you find a good house and cool people to share with.

    I presume you have seen the UCC accomodation website with pictures of the three mentioned buildings.

  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Lindh

    ok thanks! yes I've seen some pictures...

    do you know if it gets more expensive if you want to pay two times (august-september and december) instead of just paying it all in august-september? do i risk loosing my apartment in december if I do that?

  • Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭embraer170

    AFAIK it's the same price.
    And you definitely do not risk losing your apartment.
    That said, if you decide to leave in say December, you will lose your deposit.