Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

50 dbl chance, Fitz Tuesday or merrion 100

Options
  • 31-05-2005 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    How many runners does this tourny normally get? Can't decide over Merrion 100 or Fitz 50 dbl chance..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Fitz Double Chance gets between 35 - 60 runners. Sorry if this is too vague for you! But that is the range I have seen over the past few months. Was planning to play tonight but have a blind date instead...must remember not to mention the amount of time I spend playing poker! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

thanks for the info & good luck with the blind date!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

ionapaul wrote:
    Fitz Double Chance gets between 35 - 60 runners. Sorry if this is too vague for you! But that is the range I have seen over the past few months. Was planning to play tonight but have a blind date instead...must remember not to mention the amount of time I spend playing poker! :)
    Just don't mention that you hope the night will be +EV!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

ionapaul wrote:

Oh, the puns, i must resist. ok, just one. try to resist stealing her big blind, she might put u all in! oh brilliant!
    no, i don't know what it means either... :(

Niall, i'm going in to play in the double chance.

i sense another pun, quickly, i must go.

Anyone care to give the rest of us a good report of either of last night's tourneys? I need to live vicariously through someone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

ionapaul wrote:
    Anyone care to give the rest of us a good report of either of last night's tourneys? I need to live vicariously through someone!

I want to hear about the blind date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭JuliusFranco

how did the blind date go?!

did she play loose or tight or change gears?! (really sorry just couldn't help myself..)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

was she really blind?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

did she suck your co........

oh sorry, poker.....got it.

did she have nice hands?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Rodge

Was she an unsuited connector? Did you poke-r?

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Oh god, the puns...they are so bad, ze googles do nothing! I'm not saying a thing about last night, gotta keep those cards close to my chest.

BTW the Merrion are added €500 to next Tuesday's prize poll as part of a summer promotion - given that someone recently mentioned that they only get a small field (less than 50?) for the 100 game, there might be great value next week. Podgeen, if you haven't sold your ticket, it might be worth heading in for this (or selling it to me!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

ionapaul wrote:

Word of the week goes to ionapaul
    "Too Good" as Peter Felgate(tennis) would say

[entries found for vicarious vi·car·i·ous ( P ) Pronunciation Key (v-kâr-s, -kr-, v-)
    adj.
    Felt or undergone as if one were taking part in the experience or feelings of another: read about mountain climbing and experienced vicarious thrills.
    Endured or done by one person substituting for another: vicarious punishment.

Acting or serving in place of someone or something else; substituted.
    Committed or entrusted to another, as powers or authority; delegated.
    Physiology. Occurring in or performed by a part of the body not normally associated with a certain function.

[From Latin vicrius. See vicar.]

vi·cari·ous·ly adv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

ionapaul wrote:

I won the €50 double chance (€1200) last night, just to prove last Thursday's win was no fluke, lol.

I don't know the guys name but the undisputed chip leader for most of the night went out in 4th having started the table by winning something like the first 6 or 7 hands and had more than the rest of us combined. I think I put him on tilt shortly afterwards and then when it got to heads up myself and some other guy were about even .

I was offered a deal but I'm proud to say I refused. I was too generous last Thurday but not this time and I had him in about 5 hands. Also, cheerrs to Dara, you're some dealer! U won it for me on Thusday and came through for me again last night, I owe u big time!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

kinaldo wrote:
    I won the €50 double chance (€1200) last night, just to prove last Thursday's win was no fluke, lol.

I don't know the guys name but the undisputed chip leader for most of the night went out in 4th having started the table by winning something like the first 6 or 7 hands and had more than the rest of us combined. I think I put him on tilt shortly afterwards and then when it got to heads up myself and some other guy were about even .

I was offered a deal but I'm proud to say I refused. I was too generous last Thurday but not this time and I had him in about 5 hands. Also, cheerrs to Dara, you're some dealer! U won it for me on Thusday and came through for me again last night, I owe u big time!

Well done man, ur on ur way. Good luck.
    BTW ur call of an all-in with a pair of fives when there was a pair and overcard 10? on the board was either the craziest play or most brilliant read I've seen in a while. I still can't decide. Probably both.
    cheers, d.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

Also, cheerrs to Dara, you're some dealer! U won it for me on Thusday and came through for me again last night, I owe u big time!

Well that sounds like about €500 in tips you should have left from those two, so you shouldn't still owe him. If you do it's not too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Anyone have an idea of the numbers playing in The Merrion 100 these days?? I like the sounds of the extra 500 being added. Any interest?

I might head in tonight - that said, I really like the double chance too, so who knows? Will play either or, I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

No date tonight then ? :p

Hah, funny you mention it, I had one tentatively planned for tonight but rescheduled it till tomorrow :) Not for poker reasons, 'cause that would be fairly sad, wouldn't it? Oh well, tomorrow's one isn't blind, so I know what I'm getting into...so to speak

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Anyone have an idea of the numbers playing in The Merrion 100 these days?? I like the sounds of the extra 500 being added. Any interest?

I played it for a change a few weeks back and there was just 4 tables. Apparently this is typical turnout lately, which is a shame as it's a fairly decent game.

With the €500.00 addition to the pool, numbers should get back up there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement