Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crosshairs yaa or naa ?

Options
  • 31-05-2005 4:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭

I'd have to say I prefer servers without any, just using iron sights. Adds a little more "realism" methinks.

Cross hairs, you like'em ? 19 votes

Nah, thems for noobs and low skillzzzz :-)
    0%
    Oi loikes them I do
    63%
    joe90DooomjonskiGryzorLoobzHaketcerbeusCollinaDinnerGaribaldiTomohawkDane 12 votes
    Whats a crosshair ?
    36%
    spooky donkeyRobertFosterLiberoRaiserDrapperSteffano2002Mike_Hunt 7 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

Oi loikes them I do
    Crosshairs take the fun out of it. Besides, GFM doesnt have them thank God. Even if they're on I hardly use them and go straight to iron sights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

I havent used crosshairs since i started on GFM, i went on to a public server a few nites ago and i couldnt use the crosshairs!!!! i had to use the iron sights, much more fun me thinks, can you add a pool to this thread, would be interesting to see the results

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Libero

Whats a crosshair ?
    Hmmm... Good players can play well without crosshairs as with them after building up some experience. On the other hand, other players can stick a little plastic sticky on their monitor to substitute for the crosshair, and they then get a marginal advantage. I really don't know how many players do this but it would be very easy...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

Oi loikes them I do
    Libero wrote:
    Hmmm... Good players can play well without crosshairs as with them after building up some experience. On the other hand, other players can stick a little plastic sticky on their monitor to substitute for the crosshair, and they then get a marginal advantage. I really don't know how many players do this but it would be very easy...

Thats a bit.... sad and desperate. The only time where I 'miss' crosshairs is when throwing grenades. I'm never sure if I'm centre or not but I wouldnt go through the trouble of sticking something to the screen though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Arabel wrote:
    Thats a bit.... sad and desperate. The only time where I 'miss' crosshairs is when throwing grenades. I'm never sure if I'm centre or not but I wouldnt go through the trouble of sticking something to the screen though.

Ive lost count of the amount of times ive thrown cooked grenades at windows/doors and tha bastirds bounce of a wall and back at me(im gettin better tho :) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Oi loikes them I do
    Crosshairs = yeuck !!!

But then again I am playing without them since I started Heat of Battle so they would look odd now . Plus I only play for fun and they would take that out of the game .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

i dont mind not having crosshairs when im using a rifel but when it comes to grenages and auto's it can get a bit anoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Dane

Oi loikes them I do
    No crosshairs please :)

Hint : when you throw a grenade the grenade will normaly hit in the midle of your screen :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭Haket

Oi loikes them I do
    As for GFM, my ping times seem about 50-70ms higher on GFM servers than UO. Anyone else see this or maybe reccomend a closer server ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Whats a crosshair ?
    us old folke need it ........

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

Whats a crosshair ?
    I like them for the SMG`s with out them on gff like i only use rifels on iorn sights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Oi loikes them I do
    i thought it would take ages to get used to not havin em...but its a much better game without them...as said above trying to run away from your own gren as it bounces back off a wall can be a bit of a pisser.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Whats a crosshair ?
    I can take em either way. I usually just go with server default :)

Advertisement