Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I HATE HATE vc players

Options
  • 31-05-2005 4:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭

So pissed off right now, Playing a 25/50 cent table, get dealt pocket A's. Raise it up to 4 dollars(by mistake hit the wrong button) and to my suprise i get one caller so flop comes down 4,5,6 rainbow. I went all in trying to push him off the hand thinking he has none of that flop. He calls and turns over 3,7
    I give up

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Rodge

How much was all in?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

that sucks but to be expected at lower level tables imo.
    tbh i'll play alot of silly hands when there is ****all money at stake....but then i'm a bit of a fish :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I lost 20 bucks to it. I've calmed down now. I shouldnt of went all in, and would of accepted a loss to ace 6 or something, but calling that much of a raise with a 3,7 made me see red

Also after i rejoined the table i got pocket jacks and aces the hand after. None of them payed out for me :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Remember that €20 means, as RuggieBear puts it, ****all to lots and lots of people who play poker. They don't care if they are classified as fish or whatnot, they are only there messing around and having a laugh. If it wasn't for these casual players Party and Stars wouldn't have tens of thousands online every hour of every day!

Also with such a big raise your opponent probably put you on AA or KK. I have done it several times where I will call a strong raise with suited muck just because I know if the flop hits me well I am going to get a massive payout from the AA who cant lay it down. 1/5 times the AA will get cracked by 2 6 or whatever else and you can guarantee at the lower limit tables that you will get a payout greater than your 5/1

• Advertisement

You would call a raise 6 times the BB with 3,7 off suite ? please........

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

rodge...... i im no expert at working out odds etc, but it doesnt take much to figure out that 2 6 (or whatever combi.. even if it is suited) vs AA will not win 1 out of 5 times.... well actually a suited 2 6 would have around an 18% chance..... but thats with all deck cards to come.. which means the player would have to call to the river to find out... the odds on beating a a from the flop is much less.... (and this seems to be what ur assuming)

this is just not a good enough reason to call that bet...

if you do use this as a reasoning to call a big bet, it is a massive chip leakage in your game, and u would be well advised to rethink your game plan....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

RasTa wrote:
    Playing a 25/50 cent table
    RasTa wrote:
    I lost 20 bucks to it

The max buy in for these tables on VC is $100 right? So your aces got cracked and you lost a measely $20, no big deal. Shrug, reload and move on.

in a proper game with players playing to the odds you are exactly right but I find in the low limit games where people are willing to call 40 BB bets just because they have AA etc that it is extremely profitable in some circumstances to call with pretty much any two. 37 offsuit would be pushing the boat out a little but a nice and pretty 78 suited can be a very profitable hand.

I was watching Poker Night Live last night on digital and they were talking about a similar thing, what sort of hands were the most profitable for cracking big pairs. 9 10 suited was one guys answer and a medium pair that gets in cheap was the others.

Anyway isnt an 18% chance just under 1/5. People think they have a god given right to win the hand with AA and that AA should only be called by AK or something similar. My AA got cracked by J8 on a flop of Q 9 10 last night. Happens all the time.

Rodge wrote:
    37 offsuit would be pushing the boat out a little.....

Howard Lederer recommend defending you bind to a standard button raise with as low as 4-7o. (I would put a sick smiley here but the forum software doesn't have one :D)

• Advertisement

yes 18% is just under 1/5, but that is for the entire deck.... as i said. This means that the player not only has to call the pre-flop bet.. but the flop bet and the turn bet.... before he wins (that is if he doesnt get it on the flop, but assuming this would lower it to about 10%).

either way... it doesnt matter... calling a $4 raise on a .25/.50 table with 3 7 offsuite is nuts.. with absolutely no backing. I mean using ur logic you would call with anything every time... almost definite way to lose all your chips....

"in some circumstances" I said, obviously if you are calling with muck every hand then you're going nowhere. I'd do it maybe once or twice a session as long as I am well up on my starting stack. If I'm down then there is no way I'm getting involved with such muck.

All I'm saying is that sometimes its worth getting into a big pot with pretty much any two, you miss the flop, fold, no bluffing ever. You hit the flop you win a huge pot.

okay... i take your point:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

get used to it! you only lost $20! Ive lost hundreds online and the best thing you can do is give the online a miss for a while. Thats how i do it. Dont trust online at all. should only play with only four cards. River card wrecks every hand!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

The real bad thing about the villains $4 call is the fact that he only stands to win a stack of $20 when he does hit big. With deeper stacks, though, you're getting implied odds to play a lot more specualtive hands... even 73o, although it is really, really marginal! That's assuming that the game is the type where you will get paid off.

Well i aint playing on VC no more. Max buy in to those tables on pokerstars is 25

RasTa wrote:
    Well i aint playing on VC no more. Max buy in to those tables on pokerstars is 25

It's not it's 50. And you shouldn't be sitting down without the max buy in on the $100 tables on VC anyway.

I decided i would give it a shot, since i do well on pokerstars. no more. As i said i got pocket aces again and pocket jacks the two hands after and none of them payed.

Advertisement